What's new

Superman: The Ultimate Collection DVD Set (1 Viewer)

EricTB

Stunt Coordinator
supermanultcollecr1pic2kl6.jpg

I am so dying to buy this on Nov. 28th. This has to be by far the most extensive movie collection I have ever seen. Now the one thing I'm trying to figure out it the retail price of this thing. I know the SRP is 99.99. Just would like to know how much I should be saving up for this baby.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
there will probably be a good price on the first week that its out.. I say about 70 to 90 bucks depending on where you get it.

Jacob

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
This is a 14 disc set. The first disc of Superman isn't pictured. It has baby Kal-El on it.

honestjohn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce
Couldn't find it before because of the Keyword search I was doing. Best price on the set so far is $79.98 at Barnes & Noble. It's available for pre-order on 3 sites that I can see so far, Barnes & Noble, CDUniverse and DVDBoxOffice. As you guys said, I'm sure we'll see even better prices form Amazon or DeepDiscountDVD.

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/sear...=0012569819122

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I have a sneaking suspicion this has to do with the Reeve Collection released on the same day.

Think about it. We've have loads of simultaneous releases where the single disc edition has an SRP of $29.98 and the double-disc set is $30.98. And the result is always the same: The single discer is available for close to $15 on release day, the two-discer close to $25.

I fear the same will happen with the Reeve and Ultimate Collections.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think Christian is right. The mega set is aimed at collectors/hardcore fans who will spend the money even if they're not happy about it and the more casual fan has the basic set.

And really 14 discs for about $70 isn't exactly a rip off.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Hang on, are these new transfers-extras-sound mixes- etc. or are these repackaged dvd's of all the previous releases?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks