What's new

Superman Returns (1 Viewer)

Walt1

Auditioning
Real Name
Walter
I have a HD-XA1. My "Superman Returns" dvd lockes up at frame 21-22. Anyone else have this problem? Not certain if it is a disc or player issue.

Royce H

Stunt Coordinator

Yep. I'm on my second SR disc. The first locked the player at Chapter 15, this one does it at about Chapter 21 to 22 just like yours. Sometimes the player locks up, sometimes the film fast-forwards without sound. Once in a while, if I hit the menu button immediately when the player freezes, I can FF or rewind and clear the fault. Mostly I'm pretty much stuck when it happens. I've had no problems with "Batman Begins" or any other WB HD-DVD titles. Wonder if others are seeing this too?

Royce H

Stunt Coordinator

Been there, done that with both copies of Superman Returns. No joy. I even sprung for a Memorex OptiFix Pro polisher/cleaner machine 2 days ago, with mixed results. I initially had freezing problems with my copy of Constantine that cleaning the disc did solve, so I know cleaning can help. Not in this case, though. :frowning:

Anyone have contact information for Warner Home Video?

Royce H

Stunt Coordinator

I wonder if maybe my local BB just got a bad batch? The metal layer on the first one was ragged and torn at one place by the center hole, instead of being cleanly cut like the second (and all other DVDs and CDs I own). Perhaps the combo discs-SR is the first HD/SD combo I've bought-do have more problems than just the higher prices!

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I've got the Accepted Combo HD-DVD disc and it also played flawlessly. Sounds like you may have a faulty hardware issue?

RobertDW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert D Wehe
The only time I have problems with disc playback it's always a combo disc.

greg_t

Screenwriter
I also have problems with Superman Returns on my HD-A1. This one and King Kong cause me issues. Very disappointing.

dkny75

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Danny
I watched it yesterday also on my A1 without any problems. With so many people having the same problem I think it might be a bad batch of discs.

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
Good thing I came to check out this post, same thing happened to me twice also. I was thinking, dang I dont want to have to send in my player. My SR disc is locking up my player, I have to press the power down button or eject. SUX

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks