What's new

Superman Returns, Superman & II on HD DVD & BRD on 11-28-06 (1 Viewer)

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
What happened?!?!?! :-0
This is the WB we're talking about!
Not some fly by night operation, the best SD DVD studio, what, three years running, the first BIG supporter of HD DVD, the first BIG supporter of dual format releases!
This is a HUGE disappointment, not only for the movies, butt for the Superman special & the super Superman cartoons, as well.
The only thing I can think of is marketing wanting to sell the single movies AND then the Box Set on HD disc.
Blah! :-(
This was like THE first announced Box Set on HD DVD.
Now, nothing???
Ugh!!!

Edit:
Oh! :-0
Nevermind!!! :-(
"Warner Lowers High-Def Sales Forecast";
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...s_Forecast/286
Six or seven HD DVD titles have been in Amazon's Top 100, far better than I could have ever imagined in HD-DVD's first year. Still, not good enough!!!

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
I'll probably pick up all three HD-DVDs, but will also pick up the 4-disc SD of Superman: The Movie to get the theatrical cut.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

On first reading, I was a little disheartened by the projections. But as I read the artical(s) again, it actually has some pretty impressive numbers in WB's revised forcast. With all of the issues surrounding the HD releases (hardware), the numbers stand up very well for a new format. Looks like we are in for some good news comming down the line, if the numbers keep moving this fast.

Thomas Eisenmann

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks