What's new

Superman Returns, Superman & II on HD DVD & BRD on 11-28-06 (1 Viewer)

Bill Hunt

Insider
FYI, I've just confirmed with the studio as well that the HD-DVD Combo disc will be an HD-30C (30GB on the HD-DVD side, 9GB on the DVD side). Warner is now also telling me that Superman Returns will mirror Phantom of the Opera's audio specs, meaning you'll get BOTH Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 and TrueHD 5.1 audio.

JeffreyMercado

Second Unit
I would just love to hear Warner announce in HD version of the 14 disk set. How spectacular would that be? I hope they will consider making that happen.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Superman Returns in Dolby TrueHD! & ......Superman 1 & 2 on HD-DVD same day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be a day long remembered. :)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Superman I & II debut on HD-DVD as well....

from the bits:

:emoji_thumbsup:
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Bunch of EDweird stuff.
So, maybe you'll want to pass on this post:

BD 50GB disc, what codec?
Will HD DVD Superman box, use the combo disc?
Will the BD have IME (or something equal)?
TrueHD on the BD disc?
Slightly off topic;
Is there a director or extended cut of SR?
(the story sure was a mess, hoping for a KoH like improvement, with a longer cut)
Thanks, for putting up with all that!
SR in IMAX, was THE "movie" experience of '06! ;-)

John H Ross

Screenwriter
SUPERMAN RETURNS is a sucky, sucky (not to mention totally schitzophrenic) movie which managed to alienate me within the first 30 minutes. For starters, I, personally, would have edited the first 2-3 scenes into a complete different order so as to add a little more grandness to Superman's actual return.... But that's a whole different discussion...

It's the rather marvellous looking 14-disc set for me too. It'll look just fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine on my 28" widescreen telly! :) Roll on Nov 28! :)

JR

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm sure the rest of us can sleep soundly tonight knowing your negative opinion of Superman Returns.

Crawdaddy

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
The problem is that a consumer can't get all the material on the SD DVD box set on HD DVD discs, meaning I'm going to get hosed on Nov 28th, spending nearly an extra $100 to get the HD DVD Superman releases AND the boxset.

But after buying the HD releases, 6 of the discs in the box set will be completely redundant purchases.

I understand and accept that the bonus feature material is in SD DVD, I just wish that they were releasing an HD DVD edition of the box set with all the feature films in HD and the bonuses in standard DVD.

I think the combo disc is a mistake, especially because of the pricing. It's going to be their biggest HD DVD release and its going to cost as much as a laserdisc?

Paying twice as much as the standard DVD is not going to help sales in the HD DVD format version.

JeffreyMercado

Second Unit

I feel exactly the same way. That is why I hope Warner will hear our plea to release a Superman box set in HDDVD. Thanks Warner Bros. I am really excited about Nov. 28

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
So, no TrueHD for any other Superman film, and no TrueHD period for Blu-Ray, even for S.R. which has 50 GB to play with? They could have had two 24/48 or 24/96 lossless tracks (one for the music score only and the other for the soundtrack) for that amount of room.

Warner Bros., take a tip from Fox: 24 bit lossless for ALL releases!
Dan

MarekM

Supporting Actor

hmm, I am still hoping that with final spec will show up, that we will have some little surprise...
I mean for BD

Marek

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
warner really needs to release a mirror hd dvd set of the sd set

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member

Possible. Aren't they part of its royalty pool?

At the very least have a multichannel PCM track. Disney is doing that with their AVC releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks