What's new

Superman Returns is back on the Pre-order list (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I've noticed SD prices climbing over at least the last year or two. The big titles (like Cars or Mission: Impossible III) are still $15 but the price of a small new release or a catalog title seems to be climbing.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Travis,

If I was right, it would have to be over the last two or three months.

Cees

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'm not sure about this one; it would be a blind buy and it's a combo, two reasons not to buy. But, I've heard great things about it, it is Superman and it has TrueHD....what to do?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover

Agree Larry :)...I'm not pre-ordering the HD-DVD of SR simply because I want it the morning of the 28th...right when the stores open. I'm willing to pay a few dollars more to get it then...I did pre-order I & II. As great as they are, I can wait a few days. :) but I must have Returns asap!
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Mike.P

Second Unit
Tim, I envy you, but with my personal finances being a mess right now (21 year olds shouldn't have credit cards), I had to pre-order this via my "emergency" card from pops - I really hope Amazon doesn't take TOO long with Super Saver shipping!

I know we both were huge fans of this over the summer, and I personally cannot wait to see how glorious this looks in HD - to be perfectly honest, this is the very reason I upgraded to HD-DVD.

Also preordered Supes 1 and 2 alongside it, and it came out to 61.00 shipped after the 10% off coupon. Not bad at all!

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
As I've touched on in a couple other posts, this is a clear sign (besides Phantom) that Warner's is not format neutral, and is trying to give HD-DVD the upper hand unfairly. If reports are correct that they are using a TrueHD encoder that is not compatible with Blu-Ray's TrueHD specs. then at the very least they should re-encode the master soundtrack with DTS-MA or LPCM (they should have the room for the latter if they won't support DTS at all).

Dan

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover

Never confuse smart financial decisions to buying HT gear or movies! ;)...Like you, Superman Returns was one of-if not the reason for my dive into HD-DVD. Warner & Universal have such good titles that I couldn't resist not having Superman Returns, Batman Begins, Casablanca, Serenity, etc....in HD-DVD.

Hopefully you'll get yours asap too. My luck will be no one will have it on the 28th and then I might just have to go Lex Luthor on somebody :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks