What's new

Superman Poster Offer (1 Viewer)

My SUPERMAN boxed set has a sticker on the outside advertising five free posters for $5.80 s&h , but I cannot find a coupon or form in the box for ordering these posters. Was this included in the sets that others received? How do I go about ordering the posters without the form?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
It should have been an insert in the same pocket with the "Daily Planet" contents booklet and the replica comic book.

Regards,

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
It appears to me that, to get the posters, I have to destroy the slipcase the serials collection comes in. It's not worth it if you ask me.

Steven_J_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
I agree. Destroying the package not an option. Why can't Warner put those little proof of purchase tags back in the middle of the fold outs like they used to.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Man, that's disappointing. I'm guessing photocopies won't do. I was looking forward to framing the posters and putting them up just as soon as I move.

Are you sure they're not wanting the proof of purchase tags from the overwrap that the tin was wrapped in?

When I bought my copy, I noticed the overwrap had 2 proof of purchase tags on it.

I kept the overwrap just in case...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I also think it's just the proof of purchase tabs (81912A and 81912B) on the thin cardboard overwrap. Just clip one of the tabs and send in the form, and the receipt and the check for shipping/handling.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
I believe you can use that but you still need ones from the serial slipcase. I actually see now that there are proof-of-purchase tabs on the inside of the slipcase and I might be able to get one or two of those out without damaging the case. The form does say you can use those or the UPC.

Oops, after posting the above, I see I'm basically repeating something somebody else said. Don't know how I missed seeing that. Sorry...also, I see I'm looking at the wrong form (one for $10 back) but I imagine the requirements are the same.

Johnny Jr.

Stunt Coordinator
do you usually send a photocopy of the bill or the original receipt for exchanges of this sort?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

In the small print of the poster offer, it does say "Copy of sales receipt(s) will be accepted", so I sent them a copy. (If it hadn't said that, I would have given the original.) I prefer to keep the original receipt for myself when possible.

Since the insert for the poster offer was not in my boxed set, does anyone have any idea as to how I should contact Warners (e-mail address, mailing address, and/or individuals names) about getting a copy of the inset?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

Maybe the 800# listed for the disc replacement?

I'd just bring it back to the store and say there was a defect with it, or that it was missing something. The outer packaging clearly advertises the poster offer, so I think you can legitimately claim that your set came missing a part.

Steve Lockwood

Stunt Coordinator
I just got my posters today and they are damaged. They were all shipped in one tube and the cap on the top and bottom of the tube smashed the posters... what a waste. They were very careless in jamming the poster in the tube.

Jim Tudor

Stunt Coordinator
I've yet to get an undamaged "free" poster from WB. "King Kong", "Searchers" and "Forbidden Planet" are all dented and/or mangled in some way. I figure maybe if I frame them it may downplay the damage, but I haven't done a thing with them yet. While this is always disappointing, I keep ordering the things. Now I too have 5 Superman posters on the way, and I'm sure the caps on the tubes will either be missing or smashing the posters. I'm braced for it.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I too got my posters yesterday... damaged... However, most of the frames I have for them will cover up the minimally crunched edges. Oh well... $5.95 for 5 27x40 posters is a hell of deal (even if they are a bit crunched!).

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
It seems I have thrown away the overwrap packaging that covered the tin. Are there other proof of puchase labels within the set? I haven't bneen able to fine them. I still have the receipt and the coupon. I'd love to try to get these posters.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I got a pristine KING KONG poster, but the SEARCHERS came wrinkled and the ASTAIRE/ROGERS posters weren't packed very carefully either which caused some wrinkling. It is not surprising that problems are being reported with these.

I know these are inexpensive, but Warners really needs to get on the case of their fulfillment house to take more care with these.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
My "Superman Returns" poster came ripped, and I didn't even get one for Superman II!

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
What do the posters look like? I checked eBay to see if anyone was selling them yet- but so far no luck.

Jay*W

Second Unit
Got my posters yesterday. Edges were crushed, but at least I got them all considering that both caps were missing. Only one of the two caps was missing from the Astaire and Rogers posters. Who is packing these things?!?!

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation625
Recent bookmarks