Superman (2025) (5 Viewers)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I think DC has irreparably ruined this franchise, at least for my generation. I suspect this new direction is their way of tacitly admitting as much. Thankfully we still have the classic Richard Donner films.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think DC has irreparably ruined this franchise, at least for my generation. I suspect this new direction is their way of tacitly admitting as much. Thankfully we still have the classic Richard Donner films.
I think there's room for a great Superman movie, but the Snyderverse take on the character missed the mark for me.

The only thing that bums me out about this announcement a bit is that it means the days of getting weekly episodes of a late career Superman on "Superman & Lois" are numbered.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The only thing that bums me out about this announcement a bit is that it means the days of getting weekly episodes of a late career Superman on "Superman & Lois" are numbered.
If it follows the pattern of CW's The Flash, the show will end just before the film comes out. In this case, that would be two more years, which is the best case scenario.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
I don't understand this movie title choice. If this is in fact a reboot of Superman, the word legacy doesn't seem to fit. People who have been around for a while and have accomplishments to look back on, that's how I define a legacy. Hopefully something in the movie justifies this title. But based on what we've been told, I'm not sure this title works at all.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I don't understand this movie title choice. If this is in fact a reboot of Superman, the word legacy doesn't seem to fit. People who have been around for a while and have accomplishments to look back on, that's how I define a legacy. Hopefully something in the movie justifies this title. But based on what we've been told, I'm not sure this title works at all.
It seems to be about the legacy of Superman’s Kryptonian heritage and his Kansas upbringing.

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
Yeah, I'm guessing that they're going to reboot the DC movies and I can't really blame them but the actors weren't a problem so it's a bummer that they're ditching so many or all of them.
Agreed. Cavill was perfectly cast and I don’t see why we can’t have two supermans.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Given that James Gunn is already known as a director, this wouldn't be much of a surprise except for the fact that he is now also an executive. I don't know how he will have the time to do his executive job and direct a movie at the same time.

John Lasseter directed Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2 and Cars before becoming the chief creative officer at Disney and Pixar. The only film he directed during his tenure as an executive was Cars 2. I hope Gunn does a better job in balancing his executive duties and directing. Superman: Legacy cannot be his Cars 2, or the new universe would basically be screwed.

Last edited:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Given that James Gunn is already known as a director, this wouldn't be much of a surprise except for the fact that he is now also an executive. I don't know how he will have the time to do his executive job and direct a movie at the same time.

John Lasseter directed Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2 and Cars before becoming the chief creative officer at Disney and Pixar. The only film he directed during his tenure as an executive was Cars 2. I hope Gunn does a better job in balancing his executive duties and directing. Superman: Legacy cannot be his Cars 2, or the new universe would basically be screwed.
Probably helps that he has Peter Safran as a partner.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks