Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Superman: Legacy

Genre: Science Fiction

Director: James Gunn

Release: 2025-07-10

Plot: Superman learns to balance his Kryptonian heritage with his human upbringing.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'd be okay with it, if that other actor is Tyler Hoechlin. :)

My guess is that they're looking for an actor in his early twenties who can play the character for the long haul, though.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It's a shame that Brandon Routh and now Henry Cavill seem to have been denied the opportunity to tell the saga of Superman over an extended period of time. It's kind of incredible that lesser known characters like Jason Mamoa's Aquaman will have more solo adventures than Cavill's Superman did.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's a shame that Brandon Routh and now Henry Cavill seem to have been denied the opportunity to tell the saga of Superman over an extended period of time.
Yeah, I'm guessing that they're going to reboot the DC movies and I can't really blame them but the actors weren't a problem so it's a bummer that they're ditching so many or all of them.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
While I liked Henry Cavill in the role and was happy to hear he was returning as Superman after already having been counted out by many, I think that ultimately the best thing for DC films is to reboot and start with a clean slate. It would be really hard to try to keep parts of the old “DCEU” while at the same time building a new “DCU” without being clunky.

Start a new DCU that doesn’t have a Batman that hasn’t already been at it for over 20 years and a Superman that hasn’t already died and returned and they really open up their storytelling possibilities.

Still, this has got to be really lousy for Henry Cavill and it sucks that he got jerked around the way he did with all this.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Deadline saying that Affleck is in talks to direct future DC movies.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
If this is true, Mr. Gunn is not giving the fans what they want. The fans wanted the Snyder Justice League film series to be concluded. I don't know about this. Whenever directors and writers act like they know what's better for the franchise than the average fan, it's time to be worried.

--jthree

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
James Gunn writing the script gives me a lot of hope for this movie. His scripts have repeatedly been excellent. I think he gets the characters, more so than some others who were given the reigns.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
James Gunn writing the script gives me a lot of hope for this movie. His scripts have repeatedly been excellent. I think he gets the characters, more so than some others who were given the reigns.
And he stays pretty faithful to the source materiel. I'm glad he is in charge. It really does give me hope for my favorite universe of super heroes. A cohesive, well thought out plan for DC films was always a struggle. I hope that changes.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
I thought WB rushed their DCEU films… BvS was only the 2nd entry and messed up the momentous team-up that would have been the Justice League.

So, hopefully, under Gunn/Safran’s leadership, there’s a more coherent plan and buildup to the new Justice League (if that’s the plan).

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
FkGlGqJWQAIaMZa

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Looks like Alex deleted a Tweet post to a rumored casting on Superman.

I hope it isn’t that guy. Doesn’t look right to me.

Ah okay Alex’s tweet is there. It was an issue on my end not being able to get HTF loaded and logged into.

Last edited:

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

Superman: Legacy: The movie featuring the Man of Steel that Gunn is writing and may direct, although no commitments on that end have been made. While the two previous titles are meant to be “aperitifs,” in Safran’s words, Superman is the true kick off for the duo’s DCU plans. “It’s not an origin story,” Safran said. “It focuses on Superman balancing his Kryptonian heritage with his human upbringing. He is the embodiment of truth justice and the American way. He is kindness in a world that thinks that kindness as old-fashioned.”

Link

Last edited:
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks