What's new

Superman DVD releases (1 Viewer)

TimT

Agent
I bought Superboy via Amazon and got a free Superman Movie ticket. Then I order Superman Animated Vol. 3 from Amazon and thought I was going to get a ticket, but did not. What gives?

Bill_Nolan

Agent
Yeah, I bought JLA Season 2 and Superman vol. 3 and only got one in the JLA set. Thought that was odd as well...

- Bill

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I believe the consensus we came to last week was that tickets would not be included in releases under a certain price point. However, I do vaguely recall that Target (?) had movie ticket stickers on Superman...

TimT

Agent
Amazon offered a cure that I accepted. I have to give them credit, they have always tried to step up to the plate if I have run into problems.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Unless I missed something, this is pretty specific. So, either Warners switched gears at the last minute and decided that only some packages would include the movie cash, or there was a production snafu that somehow went unnoticed.

TimT

Agent
Thanks Gary! I knew I had read something like that somewhere before. I searched some on the Warner Bros. site and couldn't find it. At least I know I wasn't asking amiss and that I was entitled to my movie bucks.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
According to the Weekly Roundup thread, it depended on where you went. I went to Best Buy and only got a reprint of the first chapter of Byrne's Man of Steel. Had I gone to Circuit City, I would have apparently gotten the movie cash. I guess it depends on the deal the retailer made with WB.

Edit: actually, it was later determined in the thread that only specially marked packages had the cash. So, they could be found anywhere, but you had to get the right set. By the time I got to Best Buy, there was only one copy of TAS:3 left, and it didn't have the cash.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I actually don't mind if I don't get a free ticket for Superman Returns, i'll gladly pay to see a movie that is going to completely knock me on my Superman-crazed ass! :D

Must pick up vol 2 & 3 of the animated series, though, as well as the Fleisher theatrical shorts.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm a tad confused and would like some clearification on something, I saw that there were TWO releases of the Fleischer shorts, one was a keepcase with a pic of Supes standing with his hands on his hips on the cover, and also another release that came in a cardboard slipbox and looked "newer".

I bought the one in the cardboard slipbox but i'm not sure it's the better "restored" version, i'm not impressed with the image quality on the one that I bought, but the dvd box states that it's the newer of the two.

It's also a region free disc with DD 2.0

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton

I bought my copy at Best Buy also. There was no ticket, and no sticker on the outside advertising one, but there was a copy of the Byrne comic. The Justice League set had both a ticket and a comic.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I got Brainiac Attacks from Deep Discount Dvd. And it did not come with a ticket. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks