What's new

Superman Anthology (1978 - 1987) Possible? (1 Viewer)

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
"SUPERMAN II- TVYNS" aka "The Version You've Never Seen"- I guess that's gonna become a Warner Bros. trademark for new cuts of old films, huh?

So where the heck are THE DEVILS- TVYNS and CRUSING-TVYNS? :)

Vincent

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Can "Superman III: The Version That Doesn't Suck" be far behind? :D

Good news on the release; looking forward to the Ultimate Collection.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson

That would be a version containing only one bit: the bit where Superman turns evil, and must fight himself. Excellent idea, marooned in a terrible film.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
Superman III is a very strange film, IMHO. I thought certain sections (such as Superman blowing out the Olympic flame, for example) were brilliant. However, for the most part the movie just didn't work. That's just my opinion, however.

I'm mainly anxious for Warner Bros. to come out with an improved version (and by "improved" I mean improved in the audio/video department) of Superman II. The current DVD is nothing short of a travesty.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
The one thing I'm looking forward to, other than getting the Donner cut of SII and the deleted scenes of SIV, is hopefully a better remastered version of II, III, and IV without all of the wire work evident in those films. The previous transfers clearly revealed lots and lots of wires throughout those films. WHV should invest a little bit of time in doing some CGI cleanup and getting rid of the wires, because it ruins the flying effect in the films.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Wouldn't most Superman fans cry foul other that, Bill?

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the wire problems fixed in the new editions. For example, in Superman IV, when Superman lands on the moon and is going to see the U.S. flag, you can see the wires attached to him.

Also, I wonder if we'll see a Superman III without the "vaseline" lens effect during some of the flying sequences. It looks painfully bad during the opening sequence when Superman flies over to the car filling up with water. One thing about that scene they won't be able to fix is Superman's horrible landing on the car. As Superman is turning his body to land on the car, it looks like he is losing his balance because of the bad wire-work.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
So over at that Superman site and the Digital Bits, the Superman II: Special Edition and Donnor Cut are listed as separate releases. Anyone care to speculate whether the Donnor Cut will be included with the SE or only available separately?

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
that would really be awesome indeed.

It would make sense to give them separate releases if that is the route WB is going

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks