What's new

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
At the risk of sounding heretical on an enthusiast platform, re: the banding, I just don’t care. I love the movie and find it completely captivating, and the technological limitations the filmmakers faced in making it don’t affect my enjoyment of it one iota. There’s such a thing as missing the forest for the trees and with all of the Superman movies on home video, it seems like there’s always a fair bit of throwing the baby away with the bath water among some fans. I accept and embrace that these films weren’t designed to look like 70mm IMAX film or 8K digital captures and enjoy them for what they are. I went to sample five minutes of Superman I and the Donner Cut of II on Blu-ray the other night and wound up watching the entire films.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
You also have 10 (or 12 with FEL DV) bit pixel data as well as WCG, higher chroma sampling, and more dynamic range to work with. There is more to 4k discs than just resolution.

Yes, but, in the case of Superman Returns, the movie's terrible digital photography and color grading don't take advantage of any of those things.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks