Superbowl XXXIX

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by ChuckSolo, Feb 6, 2005.

1. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

ABC did a great job with both picture and sound when viewed here in San Diego on Cox Cable. We were even treated to (gasp!) some commercials in HD.....isn't corporate America grand.[​IMG]

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

ABC? It was definitely a Fox show this year; does your area have a screwy affiliate arrangement?

3. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

and the halftime show was amazingly good this year. [​IMG] I hope they do something like this next year.

4. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Supporting Actor

The national anthem in DD 5.1 was absolutely beautiful. Reference material w/ the JSF's flying over at the end.

Peace,

DM

5. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

"and the halftime show was amazingly good this year"

This is the first 1/2 time show I can ever remember sitting thru.

6. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

ABC? It was FOX

7. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

Yeah, sorry, it WAS FOX. I keep thinking back to when the local channel it was on was an ABC affiliate until it turned to FOX. My bad.[​IMG]

8. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

My two favorite commercials were the Budweiser one where the pilot jumps out after the beer, and the Fedex parody one with Burt Reynolds, which also leads me to ask, what's up with all the talking animal commercials, it seemed like every other commercial this year had one?

9. Jean D

Jean D Screenwriter

I definitely like the commercial where the guy was cooking and the cat knocked over the pasta sauce and the guy holds up the cat in one hand and the knife in the other as the girlfriend walks in and it looks like hes butchering the cat. that was hilarious.

and all the job commercials with the Chimps. hilarious stuff.

Unfortunately, I couldn't watch the game in HD, Directv had no picture on the Fox HD East Coast feed. (a Directv rep told me it wasn't just me) I posted this in another post hoping for some feedback from other people upset by this. but nobody has responded yet. Just FYI. I can totally see Comcast using this as another advertisement to go cable and not satellite.

10. Jason Walstrom

Jason Walstrom Supporting Actor

How about the real life 'Band of Brothers' and 'Tuskegee Airmen'. I thought that was awesome. Although i forget who the womean were. Can someone help me out?

11. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Most of the Super Bowl ad discussion can be found here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=225460

I thought the wide angle shots from Fox in "HD" made the grass look like plastic grass/turf. Fox just hasn't figured out how to do wide angle in HD, or doesn't have the right gear to get the job done (i.e. make it look as crisp as HD looks on CBS). Fox's close-ups in HD look very good, though.

12. John S

John S Producer

Serveral times I could clearly read the print on the footballl, when they'd close up when the Offense and defense were lined up and set.

I sort of agree, something dang funny about the look of the grass on their wide angles. Overall I give them a 8.5 out of a perfect 10.

The half time show sounded great all cranked up. They really had some odd sound running when they would go inside the booth with their cameras.

Many patrons of my Super Bowl party commented on the great picture and HD so they did a pretty good job.