JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That's funny. I arrived at Disney World for a week long stay the day before the 1999 Super Bowl. The park was pretty busy. I watched the game too back at the room.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
I have always felt so alone... until now.

Should we form a support group? A website?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
If I've got my facts of the estimates right ;), around 100 million people were estimated to tune into the Super Bowl at some point or another. There are around 295 million people living in the U.S., meaning less than half of the country cares about football. Thus, Disney World being crowded during the Super Bowl probably shouldn't be too surprising.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I was watching the Charmed marathon.

Damn those girls have cleavage! I like it when they kick high.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
Regarding the "real man" post, I was partially joking and partially not. Most of my friends and family are not into football at all, and that is very frustrating for me.

Sometimes, it is more fun to watch a game with a group. Here in Austin, I have had a hard time finding people who watch non-UT football.

I was at a sports bar this season, and the bartender was making small talk. One of the things he said to me is how he feels out of place because he does not like football. I found that laughable because I seem to be the only man in Austin who DOES like non-UT football. Friends, family and acquaintances all have other interests (or no interests.)

Even when I found out about the local HT group here in Austin, I was excited because I hoped to meet some people with similar interest in HT and sports. But nope, they only like HT.

So my comment was out of frustration. And duh, you don't have to watch sports to be a real man. If that comment really offends you, then you really are hyper-sensitive.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Robert, as most will tell you, EVERYTHING pisses me off! :D

p.s. the problem is, I know a lot of guys who make that comment and mean EVERY word of it :frowning:

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
[Humor alert]
Not only are you not a real man, you're not even original.
[/Humor alert]:wink:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Heh. Of course, everyone knows it was gay Republicans who paid off the refs.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I think the explanation for the refs favoring Pittsburgh over Seattle is obvious. Who would you be more afraid of, steel workers or software engineers?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
So uh... now I care. Go figure. Looking forward to Sunday. Yay.
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

--
H

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The Steelers win that one 3 to 2.
Steelers: Lawrence Timmons and Bryant McFadden and Orpheus Roye
Cardinals: Anquan Boldin and Darnell Dockett

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I'm excited for the 3D Chuck episode. But I hear there's a football game first. [update: Chuck is still on Monday not Sunday after the game like I expected.] I picked up a set of 3D glasses at Safeway today.

"The glasses will be used to watch a 90 second sneak preview of the big screen animated feature “Monsters vs. Aliens” as well as a 3D SoBe Lifewater commercial. But don’t throw the glasses away afterwards; the glasses can also be used for viewing a 3D episode of NBC’s hit comedy “Chuck,” airing Monday, Feb. 2, 2009 (8-9pm E.T.)"

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I still need to get my Chuck glasses! Will the football game be in 3D too? That might be worth watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks