What's new

Superbits Look and Sound Great! (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I was not in a big rush to replace my existing copies. I did get The Fifth Element SB because of the improved sound but I am keeping my original Air Force One. Official review sites indicate that the picture on the original Air Force One is slightly darker, the SB version is lighter which shoes the CGI imperfections easier, plus the sound is not an improvement really on this one, add to that the loss of the commentary and trailer and the $$$.
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
As soon as I heard about Superbits I sold my copies of AFO and FE. Anything that gets rid of the extras for the sake of audio and video. I'm there! Only watched FE so far and it only took a few minutes to see and the improvements. Stone wall and metal surfaces textures really come out. Facial impurities and details are also reviled to new level. Those who have to have the extras may want to keep their old copies. The sound in DTS is much more seamless in the room than the original on my system. I would give up the extras on all of my movies for this kind of quality of product.
------------------
Enjoy the Toys!

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
I watched The Fifth Element Superbits yesterday.
Video - I thought there was a better black level than previous release which added depth to the image. Slightly improved clarity was noticed at times on my 65" set. I am sure people with large FP systems will benefit most.
Audio - No comparison. The SB version added depth to the soundstage that was not there on the previous release. If the old version was a 4 on the audio then this release is a 5. This is the way that movie was always meant to look and sound.
Considering my rather large collection of DVDs I have no issue with a re-purchase of one of my favorite titles even if it is to get a fractional improvement. I found the overall improvement to be more than fractional so I am very pleased with the release and would recommend it to anyone who is a fan.

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
These SUPERBIT covers look very cool!
I bought the SB AIR FORCE ONE and compared it to the old release. The improvements in video were hard to spot, but the SUPERBIT version seemed a little more sharper and detailed. I didn't get a chance to compare the audio though.
Heck...the cool factor is why I bought AFO in SUPERBIT! I'm not gonna lie. :)
Plus, the original release was barebones anyway...nothing to loose...except the full screen version which I won't be missing anyway.
------------------
LuvLBX

PeteG

Agent
I picked up Desperado, AF1 and T5E. Video and audio on all are wonderful they seems more natuarl, better than the originals. But IMHO it depeneds on your system how much better it is. And all have DTS ES MTRX 6.1 sound tracks.
-Pete
------------------
DVD Profiler

Robert George

Screenwriter
As I replied to Pete in another thread, these are 5.1 soundtracks encoded in both Dolby Digital and DTS. Not new EX/ES mixes.

William Ward

Supporting Actor
Best to nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand though...
Look forward to viewing Desperado tonight.
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

PeteG

Agent
Sorry, If I'm mistakened. But on my receivers display it has DTS ES MTRX6.1 and so far it only displays this when it's encoded on the disc, 5.1 encoded discs always shows 6.1 surround. Even my DVD player has audio#1 DD5.1 and Audio#2 DTS6ch??. Maybe you guys can check it out and let me know.
-Pete
------------------
DVD Profiler

PeteG

Agent
Well I went though a hand full of 5.1 DTS discs and they showed DTS ES 6ch. Sorry don't know what I was thinking, all that excitment with 3 new SB moves went to my head.
-Pete
------------------
DVD Profiler

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
I've also bought the 3 pack and AFO.
I only watched the CTHD and the FE.
CTHD was spectacular,just love that movie,I though that the picture was great on my 36" Wega,amd alos thought that the DTS track was an improvement over the previous DD track.
I didn't compare it to the current DD track however.
The FE was as others said already a great transfer but the new SB just looks more dazling and that "see trough the window"[very clean one]look.
I also thought that sound improved as well more so in the dialog,then anywhere else though.Check out the cab chasing scene,and you know what I mean.
Desperado is next!
------------------
"You Hungarians always disagree"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks