1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Superbit ROCKS but what's up with the subpar titles

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DarrylWHarrisJr, Oct 15, 2001.

1. DarrylWHarrisJr

DarrylWHarrisJr Stunt Coordinator

I just got the 3pack and WOW!! Since I really don't have time for a gizillion hours of extra features, Superbit works for me. But are their any drama films on the way? Everything seems to be all ACTION, even the 2nd batch coming out. Sony I know you have better titles than this!
    ------------------
    A man never chooses to live...but chooses to make a life.
    http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...alias=Darryljr
    http://www.geocities.com/darrylhjr/

2. Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent Screenwriter

Looks like they took notes from George Lucas, starting out by releasing the weak titles, ie TPM as opposed to the original star wars and return of the jedi.

3. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

They're not that bad. Johnny Mnemonic and The Patriot are not great choices , but I don't have any problems with the rest: Fifth Element, CTHD, Air Force One, Desperado, Dracula(finally), and hopefully Starship Troopers.
    It could have been a lot worse. That said I'm the sucker that just received all the Superbits today in the mail just as my RP91 went in for service. [​IMG]

4. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

Gattaca ( in the second batch of Superbit releases ) is a damn good title, IMHO. Given the overall visual aesthetic of this film, I'm really curious how a Superbit version will look.
    - Walter.

5. Sutjahjo Ngaserin

Sutjahjo Ngaserin Stunt Coordinator

I've compared all the 5 released superbit titles with the normal versions, and the video quality improvements in terms of colour and details are obvious even in my plasma screen (not exactly a favourite of videophiles).
    Can't understand why magazine reviewers with state of the art front projections plus line quadruplers cannot see the difference...
    Buy Superbit, they are great.