Superbit Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith_R, Nov 14, 2001.

1. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    I'm seriously considering purchasing "Air Force One" as my first Superbit title, however I'm wondering is the superbit version of this movie the same as the original release of this movie in terms of features and extras or is it lacking certain things like commentary that the original release had? BTW, do they add anything to the Superbits besides DTS; like extras or other things? thanks.
    ------------------
    -Keith-
    My DVD's

2. Frederick_Falk

Frederick_Falk Second Unit

Keith,
    There are NO extras on a super-bit DVD. They have removed everything from the DVD and the ONLY thing you get is the movie, the DD audio track and the dts audio track. The reason there are no extras is so they can use ALL of the disk space for more "bits" for the movie and audio soundtracks.
    The super bit titles are aimed at the high-end HT and you will probably not notice any difference between a super bit title and the regular one unless you have a projection system and a high quality sound system.
    That said, there is no reason to not buy these movies. Lots of people do not care for extras and just want the movie and the super bit title will give them the best sound and picture that their system can produce. So if you do not already have this title, get the super bit DVD version.
    There is a very interesting article in the November issue of Widescreen Review on this very topic. They have an interview with the people who are producing these titles and it was very informative.
    I hope this helps.

3. Jerry Gracia

Jerry Gracia Supporting Actor

With the SUPERBIT edition of AIR FORCE ONE, you loose the director's commentary (a very good one) and the Full frame/cropped 4:3 version. I'm not sure if the original release had trailers or not, but if so...you loose them as well.
    I traded my original pressing of AFO and I kinda regret it now...the commentary was, as I said, good. But I certaintly don't regret buying the new SUPERBIT release.
    For some reason I feel I got a better product, I can't prove it though. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    LuvLBX

4. Luis Gabriel Gerena

Luis Gabriel Gerena Second Unit

I do notice a difference albeit small but at least I know that when I get better gear this Superbits will look even better. I just read ThePerfectVision and they talk about lots of visible differences, but of course I don't have that kind of gear. [​IMG]