What's new

Superbit Deluxe (1 Viewer)

Veli-Matti Reitti

Stunt Coordinator
I am all for the new Superbit Deluxe edition. In fact i think it's damn good that we can get superb sound and picture and even a few extras on top of it.

I have no complaints about the regular superbit edition of Fifth Element. The edition is more than magnificent but what i don't understand is why they didn't make a deluxe edition of it?! Instead they made one of Hollow Man. What's up with that? This is just my opinion but i think the movie is totally crap. I for one would have done almost anything for a making of documentary, audio commentary and some deleted scenes and outtakes of Fifth Element. A masterpiece like that would have deserved it more than Hollow Man for example.

Well hopefully they'll release a new deluxe version of FE soon. Although it's highly unlikely.

Richard Ruffner

Stunt Coordinator
Luc Besson has said that he doesn't want a special edition so that's why they only did Superbit regular (no supplements)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I hope this doesn't come off as a thread fart, but is there really a need for SuperBit? I've seen some non-SuperBit DVDs that were better than the SuperBits in transfer and sound. It seems to me, that if the studio did it right to begin with, there'd be no need to have a SuperBit. I understand that SuperBit normally has little to no extras for the highest bit-rate soundtrack and picture, but to me, it's nothing more than a marketing scheme. My advice to studios, do it right the first time and forget about the SuperBit mess.

You're right about the Fifth Element SuperBit. It is tremendouse, but there are other DVDs such as T2:UE, Toy Story, Shrek, and The Mask of Zorro:SE that are as good, and they have extras which it doesn't have.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
You're right about the Fifth Element SuperBit. It is tremendouse, but there are other DVDs such as T2:UE, Toy Story, Shrek, and The Mask of Zorro:SE that are as good, and they have extras which it doesn't have.
I'm not so sure about classifying T2:UE with any of those titles or Superbit titles as far as video quality is concerned. T2:UE has too much of a processed, digital-look with too much EE in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks