Superbit Deal From Columbia Tri-Star

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Jerome Grate, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

I know it was mentioned already, but figured a good deal like this should get it's own thread. Buy two Columbia Tri-Star Superbit DVDs and get the third one free. Careful, see how they post it in your store. The idea is to pay for the cheaper superbits and get the expensive one free. I went to J and R and got the following: Spiderman 2 Superbit @ 17.99, Charlie's Angels Superbit @ 14.99 and Underworld for free (cost 19.99). The clerk tried to tell me that the cheapest is free, and I politely stated that the sign states the third Superbit free hence it shouldn't matter. Manager walked by and agreed, so watch the cashier and make sure they take off the title that cost the most. Great deal, 3 superbit titles for 35.82 including tax.

2. James D

James D Second Unit

For the Best Buy deal, you must buy Spider-man 2 and then you can choose from a select list for your other two. The BB deal expires on December 11.

3. Grant H

Grant H Cinematographer

Keep in mind no one in the store may know anything about it, there may be no signs, but it may still work.

4. Chuck_W

Chuck_W Second Unit

Do you need a coupon or something for this offer?

5. PatWahlquist

PatWahlquist Supporting Actor

No, just take them to the register and get them rung up. I asked my local BB to try it first to make sure. The girl read back the offer from the screen. The only strange thing on mine is that it took the lowest priced title (Spidy 1, $14.99) and gave that to me free, even though she rang it up first. There were no signs up in the store either. I haven't heard of anyone else besides Best Buy doing this.

6. Chuck_W

Chuck_W Second Unit

Thanks...

7. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    If you check in the Spidey man threads, some have not been able to get this to work at their local BB , YMMV!!

8. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

I believe Media Play, and Circuit City are doing the same deal. Check with them as well.

9. Matt Czyz

Matt Czyz Supporting Actor

I just got back from Best Buy and it couldn't have been easier. I picked up Spider-Man 2 SB, Spider-Man SB, and got the Fifth Element SB ($25!) for free. Just make sure they scan the most expensive one last.

The strange thing is that one of the listed movies that can be purchased free is Cowboy Bebop: The Movie SB, which doesn't exist.

10. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
  11. Mark Murphy

Mark Murphy Supporting Actor

I wish I knew about this last Tuesday. I picked up both Spiderman and Spiderman 2 superbits last week at the same time. Since I have the receipt, maybe I can get them to kick in a free SB title since I didn't know about it.

12. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

I went to my local Best Buy on Saturday, hoping to score Spider-Man 1 and 2, plus whatever I could find for the free titles, but they were out of both Spidey titles. Now that the deal is online, the price has gone up $7 to pick up both Spider-Man titles.[​IMG]

13. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Well, for now the online price for Spidey 2 SB is 3.00 cheaper than the store price.

14. Grant H

Grant H Cinematographer

I got mine to work with the most expensive being the free one. Of course, I had to get the guy to cancel them out and do them again.

I had them all stacked in the order I wanted, so the first thing he did was flip them over!! Guess I should have known to stack them UPC-side up.

Too bad I still wasn't able to get Starship Troopers SB since it wasn't there, and Desperado SB wasn't even an option even if it had been there.[​IMG] Picked up OUATIM and Fifth Element. No Ultimate Edition of that one for me!

15. Hector.B

Hector.B Stunt Coordinator

Thanks to Cameron for posting the link to the page. I had ordered both Spider-man 1 and 2 superbit online a couple days ago. Good thing I selected to pick up the product at the store, this way I will let my first order expire after eight days. Today I placed the order for SP1, SP2 and Once Upon a time in Mexico SB's! Woo hoo.[​IMG]

16. Mark Murphy

I managed to find my receipt for Spiderman 1 & 2 SBs. I called Best Buy and asked them if I could get a free SB title because of the promotion and they said to bring a copy of the ad from the website and the receipt and they would take care of me. Black Hawk Down SB is on its way!

17. Mark Murphy

Update! I was able to get a free Fifth Element DVD by bringing in the receipt from my Spiderman superbit purchases.

18. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Best Buy is having an "exclusive sales event" from the 10th to 13th, which includes free shipping on bestbuy.com. I was waiting for this so I could place my SB order, seeing that my nearest store didn't have copies of the SBs I wanted.

19. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

20. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee

I don't see the special that I used on that page. I only knew about the free shipping for DVDs (and I assume anything else in the cart) through the BB mailing that included 10% off coupons from the 10th to 13th. I assume you had to receive the mailing for the option to be there, but you never know...