Superbit Das Boot on Pioneer 563

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by EdKBecker, Apr 7, 2004.

1. EdKBecker

EdKBecker Extra

I was playing disc 2 of Das Boot Superbit version which begins on track 36 after a menu setup et al.

After it starts playing through the various logos, FBI warnings and the like, the player takes 1 min 12 sec of dead air to get to track 36--apparently looking from track 1 on up.

My old 2nd Gen Toshiba goes right to the beginning of the track with no delay after the into logos.

Is this the normal behavior of the Pioneer unit on discs starting at tracks greater than 1?

TIA

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Sounds like it may just have slow track access, and the track in question may be further out on the disc. Are layer changes obvious? If they are, then this is likely what it is, though I haven't seen complaints about this player having slow access. Does it do this with any other multi-disc sets or if you try to access a track towards the end of the film via scene selection?

3. EdKBecker

EdKBecker Extra

This is the only 2 disc set I own. The player has memory so you can resume at any point after you stop playback, and in that mode the unit is almost instantaneous.

Just wondered if I should have it checked out.