superbit blackhawk down avalible?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by ericLee, Aug 31, 2003.

1. ericLee

ericLee Stunt Coordinator

Hi
    I found this Korean version region all superbit deluxe for sale. I haven't been to forum latly and this might be old news but I was suprised to find that it had come out in Korea. It's anamorfic and probly has much better pic then the awful looking Jap release, And DTS and bonus soundtrack, check it out. I found it on a korean dvd seller for under 40, but i don't think i could mention the site on the thread. Not bad price also considering it's an import, My BHD from Japan was $50 dollars! and that was just 1 disc.

2. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

The Superbit Deluxe drops the three commentary tracks in lieu of the half-bit rate DTS audio. Picture quality is pretty much the same, nothing different. You also lose the outtakes with Tom Sizemore.

The 3-Disc Deluxe Edition is presented in 16x9 with the three commentaries and Tom Sizemore outtakes.

The R2 Japanese Deluxe Edition is also presented in 16x9, has half-bit rate DTS audio, AND the three commentary tracks.

If you really want the best deal...

There is a premium box set in Korea that contains Black Hawk Down - Superbit Deluxe, Tears of The Sun - Special Edition, Black Hawk Down - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, and a Black Hawk Down T-Shirt.

3. ericLee

ericLee Stunt Coordinator

looking at some previous post it seems this was discussed 4 days ago. I didn't know that there was a new SBD BHD from japan either, but I doubt that many would pay so much more for a couple of commentaries plus the high costs and long shipping times. I was talking about the JP regular version, which had very bad video. The DTS had slitly more bass but at the cost of relly subpar video, + 40$ more than the regualar US BHD and it's region 2 too. I think the JP SBD is also region 2 so some people can't play it. Here's a link with some pics and info
    http://www.dvdasian.com/cgi-bin/dvdasian/16043.html
    I'm ordering mine right now.

4. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

I read that it's coming to R1 next spring. MAN I wish they would quit releasing mutiple virsions of movies! I love the Superbit virsions but please a 3rd virsion in less then 2 years! AH![​IMG]

5. DereckH

DereckH Auditioning

"I read that it's coming to R1 next spring. MAN I wish they would quit releasing mutiple virsions of movies! I love the Superbit virsions but please a 3rd virsion in less then 2 years! AH!"

I agree 100%, the studios has us by the you know what and they're not letting go! I think they know that we'll cave and purchase....As much as I hate them for doing it, I will buy the Superbit of BHD, I want the movie with a DTS track, I'll keep the new version with the very emotionally documentaries, but I want my DTS!!