Super Zero upgrade kit

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SalMaglie, Nov 21, 2001.

1. SalMaglie

SalMaglie Stunt Coordinator

Not having enough to do already with a subwoofer about half finished, I noticed that North Creek offers a crossover upgrade kit for the NHT Super Zeroes. I bought a pair of these about a month or so ago from onecall.com who had them on closeout for about $140/pair. North Creek claims that their crossover helps to eliminate the sibilance inherent in the Super Zeros. I was wondering if anybody has done this $79 upgrade and if the cost was worth it to tame these speakers?

2. Rich Kraus

Rich Kraus Stunt Coordinator

not the answer you were hoping for, but here goes anyway. i had some super ones (same tweeter as your zeros). there is a guy locally here that does crossover work, and he was trying to get me to make change. i built some new speakers insted, but he reported to have very good results with the new crossover.

3. SalMaglie

SalMaglie Stunt Coordinator

After doing a Google search over at rec.audio I found one person who said the North Creek upgrade wasn't worth it and you could get by with just swapping out a better capacitor(mylan) instead which you could get from Madisound or some other place. I'll probably just leave them as is.