1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Super Zero upgrade kit

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SalMaglie, Nov 21, 2001.

1. SalMaglie

SalMaglie Stunt Coordinator

Not having enough to do already with a subwoofer about half finished, I noticed that North Creek offers a crossover upgrade kit for the NHT Super Zeroes. I bought a pair of these about a month or so ago from onecall.com who had them on closeout for about $140/pair. North Creek claims that their crossover helps to eliminate the sibilance inherent in the Super Zeros. I was wondering if anybody has done this $79 upgrade and if the cost was worth it to tame these speakers?

2. Rich Kraus

Rich Kraus Stunt Coordinator

not the answer you were hoping for, but here goes anyway. i had some super ones (same tweeter as your zeros). there is a guy locally here that does crossover work, and he was trying to get me to make change. i built some new speakers insted, but he reported to have very good results with the new crossover.

3. SalMaglie

SalMaglie Stunt Coordinator

After doing a Google search over at rec.audio I found one person who said the North Creek upgrade wasn't worth it and you could get by with just swapping out a better capacitor(mylan) instead which you could get from Madisound or some other place. I'll probably just leave them as is.