What's new

Super tight Bas is gone???? (1 Viewer)

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Guys, I once poked fun at a fellow on this Forum who had poor writing skills, and I was pretty embarrassed and chagrined to found out that he was a retired Marine who had spent over 20 years serving our country. Needless to say, I don’t make fun of anyone anymore, no matter how tempting it is. You just never know who’s on the other end. He might not be an expert at penmanship, but there’s probably something else he’s good at that you can’t do.

Brian (if you’re still hanging around), as others have alluded, it’s impossible for us to tell what happened because you really didn’t give us any information to go on. I’d say the first thing to check is if the subwoofer is actually working. Perhaps it accidentally got turned down, or some settings in your receiver were changed. It could even be a bad cable feeding the sub, of maybe it got unplugged by accident. There are really all kinds of reason that you could loose the bass, so check some things out and see if you can find a reason for it.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Wayne, I totally agree. I think what some of us thought - well, what I thought anyway - was not that he was illiterate, but writing that way intentionally. Almost as if trying to use a form of slang or something like that, you know? But you're right....it's best to not criticize to begin with.

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
i did a quick look at some of his other posts and he is quite literate and polite. he seems to be talking in a "dialect" that closely resembles a british comic Ali G. thats my interpretation

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Yeah, that's about what I figured too....Hell, unless he just has generous parents, he must be doing something right to have Josephs all around....I bet that sounds damn nice :)

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
....hmmmm........ we went from insulting him to stalking him. I am KIDDING of course ;). I agree with Alan and Nick, it seems more of a "dialect" thing. At any rate.....who gives a crap about all that....lets help this guy.....Come back Brian and offer some more info like mentioned and we promise we'll behave!!!!! I also agree with Alan...nice &^*(&'N system dude!!!!

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
I think I saw this last week when Brian originally posted this but missed the second posting. Now I'm just trying to keep from pissing myself laughing...

I'm sorry, but there's way too many online English to {insert language here} dictionaries to be this far off from being able to convey a simple question. I know, I'm an insensitive bastard, but if you can't take a poke or two at yourself, pack it up and go home.

Now... Brian, as to your "question", I am interpreting that you have recently noticed a change in the bass output or tightness of the bass.

Have you changed anything in your system lately that may be attributed to this?

Any components added or removed?

Any new cabling?

Have you checked or re-seated the speaker and sub cabling to and from your speakers, sub and receiver?

Give some of these a look and tell us what you find... TD

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
Henry, thanks for the Emily Litella, she use to kill me. My favorite was:

"What's all this talk about Endangered Feces?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks