Super Sunday in Raleigh

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stu Allen, Jan 26, 2001.

1. Stu Allen

Stu Allen Auditioning

Not only are we Raleigh-ites getting the Superbowl in HD this Sunday, we are also getting WRAL's debut of their HD newsroom after Survivor!
    This is going to be a momentous day in the history of HDTV.
    You can read the PR here: http://www.wral-tv.com/news/wral/200...s-release.html
    Just thought that I'd mention something positive going on in the HD world with all the depressing talk as of late. Long live un-encrypted HD!
    Many thanks to the team at WRAL. They represent all that is good in the land of HD.

2. Scott_G

Scott_G Second Unit

I'm really looking forward to the game in HD. My TW56x81 needs some something in HD to make it shine !
    Problem is Time Warner Cable has not been able to deliver a HD converter box [​IMG] . I ordered it 1st of December, they said a 1 to 2 week wait. Looks like I'm watching in regular OTA.
    Wait !! I just got off the phone .... They have one if I come down right now .....

3. Scott_G

Scott_G Second Unit

I'ts up. Only one channel right now. Harris is doing the Shuttle launch in HD. Looks GRRRREAT !
    Picture looks real soft on everything else, better to use SVideo unless HD.
    Audio is 3.1 prologic. Better than nothing. Hope the game is in 5.1. I can't wait !!