Super Mario Brothers 3, GBA, When?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Mar 14, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Even though we just got SMW, I finished it in two days. Probably the same time I beat the original for the SNES when it first came out.

Any ideas?

2. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

I want to say that I read something about SMB3 for the GBA a few months ago, when stuff about SMW started turning up. I'm sure they'll be doing it, as its arguably the most popular Mario game of them all.

If I had to guess, I'd say we'll see it in late August in the U.S., around the same time that Mario Kart Super Circuit was released last year.

I think I also read that SMW2:Yoshi's Island will be making the conversion at some point, too. I never got around to playing that, so I look forward to the day that its ported to the GBA, along with Super Mario RPG, which I never got into, either.

Maybe one of these days we'll see an all-new Mario game for the GBA--instead of these Mario rehashes and the Wario games.

-mwb-

3. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

All the game's levels beat in two days! My attention span isn't that long (I take my GBA for hour-long walks each day, at most) -- thus the SMW experience has lasted much longer for me, and further thus I'm not itching for the next mario port just yet...
    These games took a fair amount of development time back in the day. If they do create a new mario platformer for the GBA, I hope it is a thought-out game, rather than a disappointment along the lines of "Yoshi's Story".
    Rumors have circulated about SMB3 coming to GBA, but I don't think anything concrete has been announced. That would complete all but one of the "major" (read: good) 2D mario platformer ports. I've been playing SMB3 on my NES for the past couple of weeks and it really does hold up after all these years.
    I think Yoshi's Island is even better than Super Mario World. YI is my favorite 2D platformer on the SNES, and quite possibly of all time. If it came to the GBA I would do a little dance...
    Steve

4. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

If they released Yoshi's Island for the GBA I would seriously consider picking up the system. It's definitely one of the best platformers of all time, and my fave for sure.
    It's just that perfect blend of 'easy enough to solve in a few days with diligence' and 'if you want all the levels and secrets you're going to have to be a kick-ass gameplayer'.
    There's reward for being skilled, and no penalty for being a bit lacking in that department. Just like life [​IMG].