Super Mario Bros. RELEASE & PRICE

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sean_J, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Sean_J

Sean_J Agent

Just for any of ya that missed any previous info...

I just found out Super Mario Bros. The Movie will come to DVD 6-3-03 and the MSRP is $9.99 and sells for around 6.99

2. Lance Rumbolt

Lance Rumbolt Stunt Coordinator

Oh joy

3. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

With an MSRP liek that, it'll go for $5. This is the cheapest MSRP I've seen on a studio release.

4. Andy_MT

Andy_MT Second Unit

i smell P&S (recycled laserdisc/VHS?). can't quite see a new 16x9 happening at this price. let's just say, i've lost my faith in mickey "dirty" rat.

5. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

The $9.99 SRP releases from Buena Vista last September offered surprisingly mostly widescreen (and mostly anamorphic) selections.

As this is not under the "Disney" label, I think there's a decent shot it will be widescreen. But if the laserdisc was Fullscreen, they might just recycle that.

6. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

The laserdisc was widescreen and this is actually from Hollywood Pictures, though they are basically Disney they'll probably put it in widescreen, hope so anyway.

7. Sean_J

Sean_J Agent

Super Mario Bros. is an awesome movie! We can only hope it is in Widescreen & P&S!

8. Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y Screenwriter

Geez! $5! Thats a steal! Cool!

9. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Waaaaay late with this info. I posted it last November. [​IMG]

The MSRP is not $6.99...that's DVDPlanet's price. The SRP is $9.99. That can be verified with the information in this post. No BV release on DVD has SRP'ed for that low, and I doubt they'll start with a title they have to pay Nintendo a license for, even if it turned out to be considered a stinker by most. [​IMG]

In any case, under $10 is about what I want to pay for this. Details should be released on Disney's press sites within the next 30 days. If I don't reach you with them, I'm sure Luke or someone else will. :wink:

10. Travis_W

Where are Disney's press sites anyway? The only Disney DVD site I could find was their video.com and seeing as how this is a pretty lambasted title I don't think the regular DVD sites will be hurrying to post info.

11. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Frankly, if I answered that question and a BV person saw that, I'd probably have my password and user account revoked. Contact Disney and ask for access if you feel you should be granted it.

12. Dean Kousoulas

Dean Kousoulas Second Unit

I got the forgotten Celtic Pride for $10 from what I believe to be the same company putting out Super Mario Brothers. It had anamorphic widescreen, and 5.1 surround sound. Works for me.

Dean

13. Jon Smith

Jon Smith Stunt Coordinator

ive never understood why this movie is hated by so many.

maybe the fact it is based on the video game is the weak point, but i myself find it hugely enjoyable.

14. Travis_W

Ah, I thought Disney's press sites were accessible to all...sorry about that. Anyway...I really do think this will be widescreen since the laserdisc was. We'll find out soon as the release date gets closer. Either way I'll be happily replacing my VHS version. Found out they're also releasing 3 Ninjas on the same day, hope that's widescreen too.