What's new

Super Mario Bros. DVD Cover (1 Viewer)

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
The Digital Bits posted the front cover for the upcoming SMB DVD for 6/3. I was wondering since this is out if someone could find the back cover as well to see if it will be widescreen. Anyway, here's the cover from them:

Super Mario Bros. front box art

I'm glad they used the original poster. Well if anyone can find the back cover that'd be appreciated.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
We will not get OAR info till sometime in May.

I will buy it if it's in widescreen. And so will my friends. :)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
This is one of my favorite guilty pleasures. It has to be the only "video-game" movie that isn't horrible.

If it's at least non-anamorphic widescreen, I'll get it.

This ain't no video game!

BenjaminG

Stunt Coordinator
I had no idea that this film had a cult following of sorts!

I am not holding my breath for any extras, except possible a trailer, but I hope its widescreen!!

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Cool! I can't wait to buy the movie "It's a Blast!" - let's hope it's in OAR.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I think it will be widescreen too, just rather have it confirmed. I love that poster though, they just want to make it real clear that THIS AIN'T NO GAME! It works as a tagline but they probably put it on there to avoid confusion (if there would be any). The best way to watch this movie is to not think of it as a video game adaptation because if you do you'll be dissapointed.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Well, the LD was widescreen (from what other people have said - I've never seen it), so even if they just re-hash the LD transfer, it should at least be widescreen. Hope so. This will be a blind buy for me if it is OAR.

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
I think the reason it has a cult following is because it was one of those *big* movies of one's childhood... Even if it didn't turn out exactly as one would have hoped.

I'm just a fan of cheesy movies like this. :) So I'll be sure to pick it up.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The DVD WILL BE in 1.85:1 Widescreen according to Buena Vista's video website.

No word about it being anamorphic.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Hehe...watched it this morning! It looked like the LD transfer...still looked pretty good...non anamorphic...but heres the kick...its in DD 5.1!!! I was very happy when I saw 5.1 on my receiver! Damn good mix too! Had a blast with it...and was quite suprised how well the FX and makeup had aged...looks like it could have been made today... :D

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
This is a great deal for only 8 bucks or so. I was suprised at how well it aged too. I mean I had more fun with it now than when I first saw it. I was really hoping to see that "I've got the power" trailer though.

Off topic a bit, but concerning the same studio and all, one movie that HAS aged is
3 Ninjas...not as good as I remember it.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Yeah...I would have really liked to have seen the trailer...I dont think I ever saw it...is it cool?

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I remember how the trailer starts with Dinohattan and I can't remember much from there. The only thing I really remember clearly is that song:D . Used to hear that song all the time in the early 90s...the good old days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks