What's new

Super High pitch ring.... (1 Viewer)

RyanJE

Second Unit
I have a regular rca video cable hooking up my TV and my receiver (1014x) because thats all my TV will except. Its making a super high pitch ring. the kind that would kill a dog but I can hear it. When I remove the RCA cable it stops. What gives??

John S

Senior HTF Member
The TV or the 1014 is making the high pitched noise?

Seems odd though for sure.

RyanJE

Second Unit
Its the TV. When I pull the cord out of the tv it stops. Any ideas, I haven't got a clue.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Only when going from the composite out from the 1014 to the TV, not when you connect the device directly to the TV?

I have seen bad cables cause something like this. But usually on the audio side. On the video side, this is very strange for sure.

RyanJE

Second Unit
I cant connect anything to the tv other than the 1014. My tv only has 1 rca setup. So I run the 1014 to the tv and everything else in to the 1014. The only cord to my TV is the video rca cable. Think I should try a new cable?

John S

Senior HTF Member
Sure, but I would try for diagnosis purposes, plugging at least one device in directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks