What's new

Super Hero movies (1 Viewer)

Raine Linton

Stunt Coordinator
With X-men out, Spiderman coming as well as the Incredible Hulk and Daredevil, what super-hero would you like to see a movie made for? I'd like a remake of the Flash, or Aquaman.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Quantum & Woody. The rights should be just about reverted to Priest by now. Failing that, his version of the Black Panther ("the devil's pants!"). Though Hollywood would probably freak at making such non-linear superhero blockbusters.

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
An animated Legion of Super-Heroes film, produced by Studio Ghibli and directed by Hayao Miyazaki, with a storyline featuring the classic "Great Darkness Saga".
It would never happen, of course; the LSH are pretty much unknown to the general public, and a niche property to comics fans. Not to mention that the "Great Darkness Saga", while a fantastic comic epic, is so steeped in Legion and DC continuity that outsiders would remain bewildered.
But MAN!! What a phenomenal movie that would be...

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
The movie I was dying to see get made - Terry Gilliams Watchmen.

Also:

Sandman (I really liked the Rossio/Elliot script)

Grendel(Would be great Trilogy of done right - Hunter Rose, Christine Spar and then the futuristic Religion storyline)

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Iron Man

and Im still waiting for someone to do Batman correctly.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Ack! That Rain with an "e" guy has infiltrated the Polls Area!! :laugh:
Well, he's not really a superhero, but he is a comic book character...how about Cerebus...that would make a cool movie.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Rain,
Notice where Im from and my homepage :D I remember way beack Dave Sim had said he always envisioned George C Scott doing Cerebus voice.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Another vote for Grendel. I was particularly impressed with the conversion from lone wolf to religion as the various series were developed.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Alex, its been so long - what was the name of that last Grendel. The one who ended the original series.

The drug addict who had cut open his feet and put in the discs that would let him hover and float.

I gotta gotta gotta get those missing issues.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
How about this one:
Matt Damon and Ben Affleck starring as...
The Ambiguously Gay Duo
:laugh:

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Except for SUPERMAN THE MOVIE, parts of SUPERMAN II and THE X-MEN I've been consistently disappointed in most comic book/super hero adaptations(Burton's BATMAN flicks were good in part but had too many script problems). I have high hopes for SPIDERMAN and I hope that eventually a definitive BATMAN film is made.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I always thought The Rocketeer was a really underrated movie.

I saw it in the theater 3 times(not because of JC).

Dick Tracy also, cant wait for that Vista Series release next year.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
JonZ, I remember Brian being the last in present day. In the post WW3 stories, I think it was Grendel Prime.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to see Frank Miller's DARK KNIGHT RETURNS made into a film. I can easily picture Clint Eastwood or Charlton Heston as Bruce Wayne. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks