What's new

Super Bowl in Surround? (1 Viewer)

GeraldK

Agent
OK, all, this will be my first Super Bowl to watch on our new 65" RPTV and I am aware that CBS is going to be transmitting in HD, but what about the audio? Are we going to get it in DD or DTS? I want to make sure everything is set up ahead of time. I tried to find the info at the CBS site, but no luck. Either it's not there or I simply missed it. Thanks...

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
DTS is not part of the digital TV standard. There are reports from reliable guys at other forums that the Superbowl will be in DD 5.1.

-Robert

It is entirely up to the station in your local market. Some have the money for DD/AC3 and others do not. Call your local, or if you are in an O&O CBS market and have DTV, catch it HD/AC3 that way.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I am soooooo happy right now. My cable company just added CBS to the Hi Def lineup today! Just in time for the Super Bowl!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!! :D

GeraldK

Agent
Hey, thanks guys. I'm on Time Warner HD using their Pace 550 box, so I'll give them a call.

Somehow, I don't think those watching the Lngerie Bowl are going to worry too much about the audio!! AS long as they get a good picture, they'll be happy! :eek: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks