Super Bowl in Surround?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by GeraldK, Jan 30, 2004.

1. GeraldK

GeraldK Agent

OK, all, this will be my first Super Bowl to watch on our new 65" RPTV and I am aware that CBS is going to be transmitting in HD, but what about the audio? Are we going to get it in DD or DTS? I want to make sure everything is set up ahead of time. I tried to find the info at the CBS site, but no luck. Either it's not there or I simply missed it. Thanks...

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    DTS is not part of the digital TV standard. There are reports from reliable guys at other forums that the Superbowl will be in DD 5.1.

-Robert

3. Bill Kennedy

Bill Kennedy Extra

It is entirely up to the station in your local market. Some have the money for DD/AC3 and others do not. Call your local, or if you are in an O&O CBS market and have DTV, catch it HD/AC3 that way.

4. Quentin

Quentin Cinematographer

Quentin H
    The more important question is, will the Lingerie Bowl be in HD? [​IMG]

5. Bryan X

Bryan X Producer

I am soooooo happy right now. My cable company just added CBS to the Hi Def lineup today! Just in time for the Super Bowl!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!! [​IMG]

6. GeraldK

GeraldK Agent

Hey, thanks guys. I'm on Time Warner HD using their Pace 550 box, so I'll give them a call.

Somehow, I don't think those watching the Lngerie Bowl are going to worry too much about the audio!! AS long as they get a good picture, they'll be happy! [​IMG] [​IMG]