What's new

Super Bowl Commericals (1 Viewer)

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Is Cadillac trying to lose business? Whoever they have in their promotional ad dept. needs to reconsider how to sell their product. By using Led Zepplin music just doesn't make me want to get excited about a Cadillac. They really have blown it.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
The Reebok commercial had me in tears. If somebody has a video of that one please let me download it/tell me where to download it.

"O hi Terry!"
"TAKE THAT MOTHER F******"

edit:just looked up feltching...I hate you all

:D

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
For the full 3.5-minute Terry Tate commercial, head to http://www.terrytate.reebok.com/

(If you download either of the Quicktime versions (the high quality version is 14.5mb), they'll end up in your browser's cache file... from there you can move it elsewhere on your harddrive for safe-keeping.)

Judy Y

Stunt Coordinator
I was excited about seeing the movie trailers in HD..... what were there, 5 or 6? But the Hulk looked like a bad CGI. (They never wanted to give us a really good look at him, did they?)I think they would have done better to use a live person.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Actually the Quicktime version of the Hulk ad looked better than the televised one. It seems the QT version was slowed down just a tad to give the Hulk more realistic motion than the televised version.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
No one has mentioned the ad that got the biggest roar at the party I went to . . . the bud light upside down clown. The bartenders reaction was priceless.

The Osbourns ad was dull. They are way too overexposed.

The funniest moment of the whole night though was during the final quarter, when the camera was on Al and Madden in the booth, and there is a guy in the next booth shouting and waveing to someone in the announcers booth. Suddenly, he looks at the monitor and sees he is on tv, gets this strange look on his face, and very slowly moves backwards behind the partition. Freaking hilarious!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The HD movie commercials are awesome. Makes me wish they broadcast more commercials in HD.
I agree. However, the volume was cranked way too high for these commercials -- they almost blew us out of the family room! I loved seeing HD commercials, though. The ESPN-HD one got me more excited than a Victoria's Secret commericial. :)

My favorite "regular" commercial was defintely the Office Linebacker Reebox ad.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
The 12 friends gathered in front of our HDTV all agreed that the best commercials were:

FedEx - Castaway takeoff
Budweiser - Jack Ass referee
Budweiser - Big ass mom

But, overall, we all agreed that this year's crop of commercials were just as lame as last year's crop. In fact, we decided that the game was far better than any of the commercials, a nice change! :) Go Bucs! :)

Everyone was also very impressed with the HD commercials and trailers. I can't wait for the two Matrix movies this year. I hope they don't disappoint!

Mark

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The trailer for Charlie's Angels 2 was incredibly loud.

"Can I have a hot dog?" Classic!

Just watched the full clip of the Terry Tate piece, and it's just so darn funny!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Best: Willie Nelson for H& R Block. Good timing, and lighthearted.

Worst: The Osbournes for Pepsi Twist. Bad timing (everything was just a second or so too long), and generally unfunny. Overexpusure indeed... and I haven't even watched the show. EDIT: Mike Alletto reminded me of the Live's buffalo commercial. That was just plain bad... and made no sense whatsoever.

The one that excited me most was "The Hulk" though. : :emoji_thumbsup:

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Worst: The anti drug ones. But at least I learned that if I smoke marijuana I will get pregnant.

And second worst was the levi commercial with the buffalo. After it everyone went "huh?" and "lame."

The movie trailers rocked (although as other have said the sound was really loud). The ESPN HD commercial was really cool also.

DougR

Second Unit
The Guy in the Clown Costume(walking on his hands) entering a bar and ordering a bottle of Bud Lite. Drinking it from his arse........ then asks if he could get a Hot Dog ? :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
The funniest moment of the whole night though was during the final quarter, when the camera was on Al and Madden in the booth, and there is a guy in the next booth shouting and waveing
I'll have to go back and search for this, sounds hilarious!

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks