What's new

Super Bowl commericals...name your favorite (1 Viewer)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
This was one of the rare years that the commercials weren't WAY more interesting than the game. So what's your vote for the favorite commercial this year? I liked the Lipton Brisk spot with the puppets. I taped the game and will have to go back and see who some of those puppets were

Scott Hayes

Second Unit
The Levi's commercial with the guy walking the stupid dance walk. Made me laugh. I liked that one the best.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
My favorite was the one of the woman interviewing for the court reporter job. Second place was the "battlebot" Bud Light commercial.

My least favorite were the mlife commercials. I also thought the Clydesdales commercial was too corny.

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
Without a doubt, the Levis' commericial.

I second that the Clydedales commercial was by far the corniest. He took the words right out of my mouth.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
I think it was the worst batch in memory. Most seemed to be geared towards 12 year old boys. Childish and even grotesque in my opinion. I thought the second best was the Bud spot with the guy running upstairs and sliding across the bed out the window. Like many of the commercials (or were those trailers for new films?) violence ruled the day. And Budwesier also had the best commercial, the one with the Clydesdales bowing their heads when arriving across the Hudson with New York City in the background. My opinion anyways.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Aaron & Bonds were good, but my vote is for the e-trade monkey!

I liked the Lipton Brisk spot with the puppets. I taped the game and will have to go back and see who some of those puppets were
When you do, check the very last second or two. It looked to me like they morphed Danny Devito's real face over the puppet. But it went quick.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
#3: Hank Aaron saying to Barry Bonds: Hank who ?

#2: The E-Trade Monkey

and my favorite commercial was....the very first commercial:

the battle bots with the squeaky dorm fridge on rollers.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I liked the "tushie" commercial.

"Look it has grown into a nice, rounded,....awkward pause, tushie. Have you seen it lately, have you?? "(paraphrase)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The commercial for the health club that showed "repairman cleavage"

Also good: Levi and the Bonds/Aaron commercials.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Oh man...they were all so unmemorable that I can't remember them. None of them left a lasting impression which is really odd...

The only things I remember are the movie trailers.

Brian Bunn

Second Unit
I liked the Aaron/Bonds one too.
I also kinda liked the Pepsi commercial with Britney! She looked awfully good in the 50's get up! Not much talent, but she sure does look damn good!;)
But they were pretty weak overall compared to previous years.

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
As usual, I thought the Pepsi commercials were the worst and they should consider firing their ad agency.

My favorites were all Bud Light commercials:

1. The owl

2. Guy slides across satin sheets and out the window

3. Cedric the Entertainer playing the role of Cyrano

4. Battlebot mini-fridge

I thought the Budweiser Clydesdales commercial was tastefully done and a little touching.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I imagine the Clydesdales commercial left more than a few folks with damp eyes. Particularly in New York City.
My favorite was the E-Trade chimpanzee commercial! Sent him to Florida... HA! :)
Mark

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Even though I had work at 5 and got home about 10 seconds after the game winning kick(how shitty is that?) I must say that from what I say the first Britney Spears commercial with her in that white shirt was my favorite.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
How about the Bud commercial where one guy was telling another guy what to say to the hot girl? I laughed out-loud when he asked the girl, "How much?" Then she kicked him. Now that was pretty damn funny!
But I have to agree that these commercials were definitely the weakest in Superbowl history. Well, since I've been watching the Superbowl! :)

Scott H

Supporting Actor
I felt this years commercials were below average. I appreciated the Levi's and the court reporter one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks