What's new

Super Bowl Commercials (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Alright, for the commercials that I missed, I'm only capturing them by request, with the exception of the NFL Network "Tomorrow" and Subway ones.

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
The Movies trailers were the best!
That is the first time I have seen commercials in HD with DD sound.

Gota love the Super Bowl to push the HD limits.
Several commercials were in HD tonight.

My SB group laughed at many of the commercials I would give a B overall.

I am glad they didn't use that roating camera gimic much.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Thomas, you pretty much captured them all with the exception of "Tomorrow" (ugh!) and Expedia.com (zzz).

This year's commercials were rather average. None of them actually stood out from the crowd. Good, but definitely not great.

My mirror of Thomas' files (ftp://65.92.246.228) will remain active all night long to give everyone a chance to catch the commercials you may have missed, or that Thomas may have had to remove from his Web space in order to make some room (he only has 100 MB).

Good night and congratulations to the New England Patriots!

Thomas, good job!

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
MTV says the boob incident was an accident. That sure was a nice goof.

The Britney/Pink/Beyonce ad was always going to be Europe only as far as I know and came out a few days ago. See it here: pepsi.co.uk

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Well, it will either make them bigger than ever, or severly damage their careers. Do you think they will be invited back next year?

I like the H&R Block ad with the Willie Nelson advice doll.

"I could have put my money in a 401(k) but I figured a boat would be a better investment and Willie agreed!"

Galen_V

Second Unit
Hey Thomas-Do you think you could repost the link to the codec, because it won't download from your link.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Ads I liked:

AOL: But only the one where the guy jumps the cement mixers on the motorcycle.

Budweiser: The donkey ad

I checked out the link for the Pepsi commercial with Beyone and Britney. At a hefty three minutes in length, I'd expect to see it turning up during the half-hour of commercials I have to sit through prior to a movie in the theater nowadays.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The budweiser ads were absolutely terrible. What a way to turn off basically any woman viewer to your product.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I liked the movie trailors especially Ven Helsing, and my friends and I got a kick out of the 7-up commercial and of course the Simpsons Mastercard commercial.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I liked the commercials better last year. Nothing really all that special this year.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup: to 7Up - Slam Dunk
Mastercard - Simpsons
NFL Network - "Tomorrow"
Chevy - "Holy Sh.."
AOL Top Speed - All three commercials
Visa - Olympics - Cold Volleyball
Staples - Mafia
Subway - "Don't Be Bad"

LewB

Screenwriter
Anyone notice how they 'sold' the memory of the shuttle crew ? Instead of a moment of silence, they rolled out some nitwit to sing a song of remembrance (Please welcome blah blah recording artist...) :thumbsdown:
I thought the overall coverage of the game itself was only marginally acceptable. That 360 view they were doing made me dizzy ! I also thought they had too few replays believe it or not !

I loved all the animal commercials, tops for me were the flatulent horse, talking monkey and the bears buying soda. The OCC spots for AOL were nice too, especially when Mikey traveled back in time and came back from the renissance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks