What's new

Sunshine State is it a good film? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Since I'm a big John Sayles fan, I'm thinking about doing a blind dvd purchase of "Sunshine State". The theatrical run never made it to my neck of the woods, but I would like to hear some opinions of those that were lucky enough to see this film.

Crawdaddy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Earlier today, I did a search with Sunshine State and came up with nothing. Now, I do the same search and come up with the thread you link. Very strange!

Crawdaddy

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Another Sayles fan here. I purchased Sunshine State blind and don't regret it - it's not his best film, but I did enjoy it. And I love that final sequence!
Hopefully we'll see a DVD release of Men With Guns - there's a promotional blurb in the insert for Sunshine State that reads: "if you liked this film, we recommend (various Sayles' films including MWG). Alas, it's probably a mistake, but my fingers are crossed. :)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I liked it too. It isn't a comedy, but I thought much of it was pretty funny. Mark's right, Edie Falco is great. As in most Sayles' films, the small supporting roles are as interesting as the main roles. Ralph Waite (pop on The Waltons) has a small but potent role as Edie Falco's father, and Mary Steenbergen has a couple of great lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks