What's new

Sunset Boulevard - 2 Discer? (1 Viewer)

Daniel BARBIEUX

Stunt Coordinator
According to Digital Bits: Paramount has also set 'Paramount Centennial Collection' DVD re-issues of Sabrina (1954), Sunset Boulevard and Roman Holiday for release on 11/11. We're not sure yet if any new extras will be included, but we'll let you know as soon as we can find out.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I wish they would package these like the R2 PARAMOUNT ORIGINALS line instead of that ugly cover they have currently listed. yech!

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I wish they would release "The African Queen", "Hurry Sundown" and others before they ask for a double dip again. None are on my radar this time.

Rod J

Premium
Real Name
Rodney Jewett
Maybe they could include "Samson & Delilah" as a bonus since it's featured in the movie (and Paramount seems unwilling to release it by itself).

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
They look a bit like the R2 'Award Winning Collection' from Paramount. I don't like them. What's wrong with individual art for a film? Not every cover needs to look the same as the other.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
And just to make all the OCD folks extra crazy, they're numbering these editions.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Dear Paramount:

As exciting as the three 'Paramount Centennial Collection” DVD’s announced are, I have these already and the extra’s do not excite me enough to double dip. I applaud you actually celebrating your centennial and would like to suggest that you do so by not only re-mastering some of your past DVD releases but dig into the vault and release some of the great titles that got you to your centennial anniversary. May I have the pleasure of suggesting the following:

Wings, Samson & Delilah, Submarine Command, Somebody Loves Me, Here Come The Girls, Knock On Wood, Strategic Air Command, Lucy Gallant, The Geisha Boy, The Buccaneer, The Pleasure of His Company, Summer and Smoke, Boing boing, The Pigeon That Took Rome, and Who’s Got the Action.

I understand there may be some of the titles listed above that you no longer have the rights to release on DVD and I apologize for any that I may have mentioned. There are a few films that I understand that you do not control any longer that would also make great centennial releases such as Hurry Sundown, and Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon if you could renegotiate those rights.

Congratulations on the celebration and I hope you have at least another 100 years.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I assumed that this was just more regurgitated re-releases on Paramount's part, but they look like they've added some significant extras to these versions.

Stalag 17 can't be far behind.

Blake Comeaux

Stunt Coordinator
Hopefully they will pull a Fox and like their studio classics line start with 3 previously released titles with new extras before releasing the newer titles from the vaults.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
DVD PACIFIC has it listed for Pre-Order also. It is odd that there has been no official announcements.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Over at classicflic.com they have listed the specs for all three Centennial DVDs.

These are the ones for Sunset Blvd.:

* Commentary by Ed Sikov (author of "On Sunset Boulevard: The Life and Times of Billy Wilder")
* Sunset Boulevard: The Beginning (22:46)
* The Noir Side of Sunset Boulevard by Joseph Wambaugh (14:20)
* Sunset Boulevard Becomes a Classic (14:29)
* Two Sides of Ms. Swanson (10:32)
* Stories of Sunset Boulevard (11:17)
* Mad About the Boy: A Portrait of William Holden (11:15)
* Recording Sunset Boulevard (5:48)
* The City of Sunset Boulevard (5:32)
* Morgue Prologue Script Pages
* Franz Waxman and The Music of Sunset Boulevard (14:25)
* Behind the Gates: The Lot (5:03)
* Hollywood Location Map
* Paramount in the '50s (9:32)
* Edith Head - The Paramount Years Featurette (13:42)
* Original Theatrical Trailer (3:12)
* Galleries

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
At the upcoming studio meet, someone will have to ask the Paramount reps what their tentative plans are for this collection. Will they actually start releasing catalog titles again? Or is this series just an excuse to double-dip?

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor

This is a nice set of extras but, frustratingly, it appears that the "Making Of" featurette (about 25 mins) on the present DVD will not be included on the new one. That's a shame as it has some very interesting content, especially the clips from a recent interview with Nancy Olsen. I might have to keep the present DVD as well just to have this.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
These tend to show up rather cheap on the HMV racks, I'll probably pick this one up. I remember the previous release got raves from Robert Harris for picture quality, wonder if the played around with it??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks