What's new

SunRocket Bankrupt? (1 Viewer)

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
It appears from web reports/blogs that SunRocket has closed their doors today. I still get a dial tone but calls in/out are becoming a problem. It would appear that they laid off the entire team as of this afternoon. I've not seen anything official. Any SunRocket users out here having problems with service or heard anything more? Too bad, in general their service was pretty good. For the price it appears it was too good.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
That sucks...I recently renewed my annual contract for $199. Think I could get any of that back, considering it was charged to a credit card?

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
It's so stupid that they can continue to advertise a $200 contract, then a month later file bankruptcy and users are most likely screwed.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Yeah..I don't have a dial tone right now. They should refund us the difference..but that maybe wishful thinking now.
So what the heck do we do now? Can we still recover our number?

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
I still had service this morning. I just signed up with ATT CallVantage this morning. ATT offers a service similar to Vonage for the same price of $24.99 a month for unlimited calling. Since Vonage is losing something on the order of $27 mil, I decided ATT is the one to go with. ATT is running an on-line special of 1 month free. There is a 29.00 activation fee and 9.95 shipping for modem. Modem is free so start up costs with ATT are basically $40 then $24/month starting 2nd month (they give you credit for 1st month service). Monthly service starts when they ship you the modem.

I did request that my number be ported over from SunRocket. We'll see how that goes. I got 15 months of my 12 months plus 12 months free so I didn't do badly. If you just signed up or are within 60 or 90 days contact your CC company immediately to see if you can recover. After 60 or 90 days I think your stuck.

Here's an ATT CallVantage link: http://www.usa.att.com/callvantage/l...C-01AF974476EA

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
The local Qwest offering here is $25 a month for unlimited US calls. That was good enough for me, and I avoid all of the digital artifacts I've heard when calling people who use VOIP.

Bejoy

Stunt Coordinator
I still had service this morning, but could not call other SR numbers. I just had renewed my contract, so gonna loose some money on this deal. Too bad as it was really good, never had a single issue!!!

Heard http://www.viatalk.com/ is offering similar service and contract buyout. Who knows how long it is gonna last!! Verizon has a VOIP package ...has to look in to that now.

Dennis,

Do you have a link to that offer?

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I have service through ViaTalk and have been extremely pleased. They are also almost entirely debt-free so it's pretty unlikely they will fold anytime soon. They are owned by the same people who run HostRocket -- which is also a solid company.

If anyone is interested in ViaTalk I would be more than happy to send you a reference from my account.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
If I can steer people away from Qwest VOIP, I'll do my best. I had it for 1 year.

First they had terrible customer service. Second the voice quality was poor. Third, I was unable to call some people using their service. All of a sudden there were a dozen people we couldn't call, it was just go to dead air. They could call us though.

I call into the terrible customer service and they put tracers on the call. They would say, yea we see the calls but we don't know where they go. Thank you, you freaking genius...now fix it. I would let them troubleshoot a few days...i would hear nothing, call back and ask for status..."oh we are still working on it". Called about a week later...."oh what problems we don't have a troubleticket"

That was the last straw. I have been with Vonage just about a year and have had great call quality, never had to call into customer service and low and behold I can call all those people now! Its a miracle!!

Qwest was $29.99 plus I had to pay $2 extra month for long distance plus 5 cents a minute. My monthly bill with taxes was about $38. Vonage is $14.99 for 500 minutes, more features then Qwest VOIP and my bill is just under $20 and oh yea long distance is included in that price.

Run in front of a bus before you give Qwest VOIP a try.

Paul

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Note: I have Qwest NON VOIP, just regular copper service. I find it OK. Why would anyone pay MORE for VOIP than for copper service? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks