"Sunrise" promotion still available?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by BrianRi, Feb 7, 2006.

1. BrianRi

BrianRi Stunt Coordinator

Can anyone tell me if Fox still offers "Sunrise" with the purchase of three of their "Studio Classics"? If so, what is the procedure once I get the three dvds, and how long does it take to receive "Sunrise"? Thanks.

2. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Actor

Mark
  3. Brian PB

Brian PB Supporting Actor

The Fox promotion ended January 31, 2004. As linked above, the Studio Classics Best Picture Collection set is currently the only way to purchase a retail copy of Sunrise in Region 1.

In the UK, Eureka has released Sunrise in its Masters of Cinema line (it's Region 2 NTSC, so there is no PAL speedup). A comparison is available at DVD Beaver, but it has pretty much the same content--with the exception of a 40-page booklet included with the Eureka MoC disc.

If you live in the US or Canada, given the unfavorable exchange rates, it would still be cheaper to buy the 4-disc R1 set than the Eureka R2.

4. BrianRi

BrianRi Stunt Coordinator

Very reasonable deal. I've already got All About Eve and have no interest in Gentelman's Agreement or How Green Was My Valley, but I could probably sell all three for about $5 apiece and just about break even, having acquired Sunrise at the end of the day. Not bad.

5. Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson Screenwriter

Jeffrey Nelson
    Sunrise itself is worth the $22.00 at DDD. The other three films are free.