What's new

Sunfire Ultimate receiver, any one have it? (1 Viewer)

Will Yee

Auditioning
Hi, I am interested in the Sunfire Ultimate receiver and was wondering if anyone has it. If so, what do you think of it good or bad? Any regrets for buying it? How's the noise floor on it? I've read reports of a couple of owners that had early production units and they complained of audible hiss and hum levels. Sunfire says that they had a bad batch of transformers in the early production units, but that they have identified the problema and supposedly newer units are fixed. I orderd one based on the very good to excellent reviews and comments thus far on its sound quality. But are there any other quirks or bugs that I should be aware of?

CurtisC

Second Unit
It sounds like you have done your homework.This reviews to be a great unit,3rd generation pre/pro + lotsa power and other upgrades.Of course you know its gonna sound good.I'm not sure of retail price, but under that it seemed worth an audition.Let us know,enjoy

Mat_M

Stunt Coordinator
Sound&Vision said these things:
*Only 1 crossover setting for all channels
*Only one channel-balance memory
*No headphone jack or front panel A/V input
*No bass management for multichannel analog input

I don't think those will affect you much, but what's good is what the author had to say: "The Sunfire Ultimage Receiver's power figures are the highest I have measured from a surround receiver - including 255 WPC in stereo and almost alarming single-channel 510W into 4 Ohm loads." He then went on to state it will go about 183WPC into five channels and 150WPC into 6.

DonJ

Second Unit
You should look at the Anthem AVM 20 in this same price range. Thats the one I'm getting and it has gotten great reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks