What's new

Sunfire True Subwoofer Jr (1 Viewer)

Mike Strassburg

Second Unit
Guy at work was bragging about this sub today. Read about it in S&V at the health club. Told me if I looked into it I would have "buyer's remorse" because of the dual Tempest sonosub I'm building.

Here's the specs from the ad: 1200 watt powered subwoofer 22 Hz to 100 Hz at 107db 9x9x9

107db @ 22hz or 100hz??? Can this little thing really do 107db @ 20hz or is it media hype??

I'm still pretty sure my dual Tempest beast will kick it's butt when finished.

Arron H

Second Unit
Check out this review:

URL=http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_9_1/sunfire-subwoofer-junior-2-2002.html]http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_9_1/sunfire-subwoofer-junior-2-2002.html[/url]

It's more like 96Db at 25Hz according to this review.

Joe-T

Stunt Coordinator
The Sunfire True Sub Jr. is a remarkable little sub. It is amazing for its size and seems to be well engineered. However, I just had a great laugh after reading what your co-worker said. A well-made dual Tempest sonosub with good amplification (pro-audio amp) would easily eat 4 of those Sunfire Jrs. for lunch and have room to spare. It can also have a much flatter, deeper, and accurate response. The only caveat is it's much bigger.

When you're done, invite him over and let him feel the visceral impact of your sonosub crush every bone in his body. Have fun with your project.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
No matter how hard Carver tries he isn't going to be getting around Hoffman's Iron Law anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks