1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Sunfire TGIII software download problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Meringolo, Nov 15, 2002.

1. John Meringolo

My brand new TGIII is DEAD!I tried to download the software upgrade from the Sunfire web site and it corrupted my unit. Now it does not even turn on. Sunfire said they will fix it but I was curious if anyone else has had the same thing happen to them. Would you be satisfied with a brand new-repaired unit?

2. Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann Screenwriter

I believe that the TGIII has the "new" Motorola 56367 DSP chipset just like the Anthem AVM-20 v2.0. Several AVM-20 owners ran into problems upgrading the software to v2.0 downloaded from Anthem's site. Mine, in fact, refused to work with any digital input after the upgrade (worked fine reinstalling the old DSP board).

While many of us would like to blame the processor manufacturers themselves for these problems, there is the common denominator of Motorola and this specific chipset.

"Would you be satisfied with a brand new-repaired unit?"

If it were under warranty, yes. If our AVM-20 had been repaired instead of replaced, I still would have had 4.5 years left on the warranty. How good is Sunfire's customer service support?

Michael

3. Dan Krieg

Dan Krieg Auditioning

Sorry to hear you had this problem. I just upgraded mine to the latest version available on Sunfire's website (v2.18) last night without problems.

Dan

4. John Meringolo

Hey Dan, exactly what is in this new software?

5. Dan Krieg

Dan Krieg Auditioning

Go to www.sunfire.com.
    In the Products -> TGIII section, use the "FLASH Update Software" push-button. Each revision is described in detail.
    Dan