What's new

Sunfire Announces Theater Grand Processor III (1 Viewer)

Marvin E

Stunt Coordinator
I just received the following EMAIL:
"Bob Carver’s Sunfire is proud to announce the new Theater Grand Processor III. This cutting-edge preamp processor has a new all-digital implementation of Bob Carver’s legendary Holographic Imaging, as well as a multi-source second zone, full 7.1 Dolby Digital Surround EX, Dolby Pro Logic II, DTS-ES and DTS Neo:6 decoding, an incredible new preprogrammed-learning LCD remote with “soft keys,” and additional inputs and outputs to suit every possible need. The broadcast quality component video section switches three inputs and has two buffered outputs rated at 100Mhz – handling all high-definition formats with bandwidth to spare.
There’s also an eight-channel direct path analog input using standard RCA connectors for SACD and DVD Audio. Sunfire is the first high-end manufacturer to ship with the powerful new Motorola DSP56367 150Mhz Symphony DSP. The Sunfire Theater Grand III intelligently monitors all input activity and switches to new sources and selects the right surround mode for each input – all automatically. When it’s time to upgrade the software, Sunfire simply sends you a CD... data ‘watermarked’ onto the CD is extracted while music is playing.
The price of the new Theater Grand III is $3,495. Sunfire dealers are taking preorders now for delivery of the first units in Spring 2002."
I like the upgrade procedure...now, if I could just convince my wife to get a second mortgage...
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Sunfire is a bit player in the pre/pro market. Their amps sell better. For that kind of money, a Lexicon MC-1 would be much more appealing to me. Logic 7 is hard to beat.

Scott_Sylke

Stunt Coordinator
I just got my May 2002 Home Theater Magazine in the mail and came right here after seeing the add for this. I am a owner of the Theater Grand II and am very excited about the upgrade to an EX/ES.

I had a couple questions that maybe some of you might be able to answer:

1) What is the estimated release date?

2) Does anyone know if Sunfire will honor the same kind of upgrade offer they have done in the past? (I owned the original Theater Grand and when the II came out I sent my Theater Grand + $1000 or so dollars and they sent me a new Theater Grand II). Will they be doing this with the III?

3) The Sunfire website is not updated with the new unit yet. Does anyone know of anywhere on the net to get more specifics??

Thanks all.

Dzung Pham

Second Unit
Hi Scott, I just called Sunfire. The III will apparently be shipping next month. They are trying to ship by May 6. However, and here's the bad news, an upgrade policy has not yet been determined, and won't be until July! All I know is, if the III comes out and there is no upgrade policy announced, they will be hearing from me.
If you haven't seen it, there's an announcement for the III listed on Audio Revolution, but it doesn't have any additional info from what you see in this thread.

Scott_Sylke

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info. I have seen the announcement at AudioRevolution.

Actually, when I called Sunfire (many months ago) the rep told me that they will be doing an upgrade for TGII owners. He did however say that the price hadn't been determinted yet and that it would most likely be more than the $1000 it cost to upgrade to the TGII. At the time he was guessing it would be $1250-1500. Time will tell. Waiting til July is no biggie for me since I am about to finally move back to the states. It'll be a couple months before I get settled and am ready to upgrade.

Still, it'd be nice if Sunfire would update their webpage. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks