Sunfire Amps Question?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Tilley, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

Dose anyone know if the Cinema Grand II or Signature Seres amps are bridgeable?
    I'm looking to do a 7.1 set up & at first thought about using the Cinema Grand 5ch for my center & front & rear surrounds, & than using the Series II Stereo amp for my mains. But I was thinking that if they are bridgeable using two Cinema Grand II or Signature series amps with one being bridged to make it a 3ch for the mains & center, & the other for the front & rear surrounds. The only thing about this is I would have one ch left out still, I have kinda thought I could use the extra ch to bi-amp the center ch but I wasn't sure.

Or dose anyone have any good suggestions for anything around or possibly cheaper than the Sunfire's with similar power ratings? I will be using my current Sony 5ES for a pre amp & right now I have all Polk speakers but will most likely be changing them soon for something else.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

2. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

No, the channels aren't bridgable.

Regards,

3. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

I was also interested in the TGIII and 2 amps for my HT but the cost really was way out of my budget. The 1300 WPC was a lot more than I would ever use. I've benn looking at and reading up on the Anthem AVM20 pre-amp and PVA-7 amp. Seems like a good setup and I've read some good reviews on it so you might want to take a look. I was in a local High End shop today picking up a HDTV module for my #6000 receiver and I noticed the Lexicon sales literature. I almost passed out when I was told the price of the pre-amp was $8600, and a 7 channel amp was another $5600!!!

What Polks do you have now? I just upgraded from the RT series to the Lsi series. If you have not heard them yet, try to do so! You'll be amazed at how good the Lsi's sound!