Sundown Calculator

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Pat Frank, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Pat Frank

Pat Frank Stunt Coordinator

This program might be useful for PJ owners without full light control. It lets you select a date and then tells you what time the sun will set on that date. It can automatically factor in for dailight savings time (or not).

http://www.redregistration.com/SJR/sundown.htm

You can type in your exact coordinates (latitude and longitude) but if you look carefully on the right side of the settings ("Change Location") screen you'll see a "Load List" button that brings up a list of popular cities.

(This might be a good thing to stick in an FAQ somewhere.)

2. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

Remember the episode of The Simpson's where Burns had the sun blocked with the giant shade?

I'm all for that [​IMG]

3. Scott*B

Scott*B Stunt Coordinator

Or one could just look outside and notice it's either dark or light? [​IMG] If it's light keep the shades pulled, if not feel free to open them.

4. Pat Frank

Pat Frank Stunt Coordinator

What is this "outside" of which you speak? Is that like the fabled "daylight" I keep reading about? I vaguely recall hearing about these things back before I bought a projector. (grin)

But serially, it's useful for "movie night" scheduling. Want to know when it will be dark two weeks from Sunday? Plug it in and see.

Other than that, not particularly useful perhaps. [​IMG]