Sunday Ticket Superfan?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Quentin, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Quentin

Quentin Cinematographer

Quentin H
    So, DirecTV sent me 'information' on their 'new' Sunday Ticket package called SUPERFAN. It's going to normally cost $100 (on top of normal Sunday Ticket costs), but they're offering it to Sunday Ticket subscribers for $49.

What does it offer? Well...that's the thing...I can't seem to get a straight answer. It offers a bunch of stuff that sounds EXACTLY like things I got last year! Some fancy screens that track games (had it last year), a highlight reel at the end of the day (have it with DVR), and "100+ games in HD!" - I also had that last year.

What is SOUNDS like is that they are going to be pulling HD games off of the regular Sunday Ticket feed, and the only way I can get the same HD programming I had last year is to do this Superfan thing. Anyone else have the same take?

2. Doug R

Doug R Supporting Actor

Yes, HD games are only through Superfan now.

Consider it an HD tax.

Also consider it lame.

3. ChrisDixon

ChrisDixon Second Unit

Yep, and now there is also a Boxing PPV HD tax, starting with this past weekend's event. I called DTV to complain about it, given the overall disappointing HD content that I get for my money. They gave me a lot of "explanations" and a bunch of monthly discounts on my current packages to keep my hanging in there until the HD gets better.

Chris

4. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert

That's how I see it and I'm starting to question my total DirecTV package.

Crawdaddy

5. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    While it does suck...considering I've had a discussion with some friends and came to the conclusion that I would pay up to $2000/season for Sunday Ticket to get my Lions games, I guess I can't complain about an extra $49 to get the HD games. Anything beyond $2000 I just can't justify! [​IMG]