What's new

Summer School On DVD June 1 (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

And don't forget Fabiana Udenio!!!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

todd s

Senior HTF Member
How much could it be to get the actors who played Chainsaw & Dave to do a commentary. You could probably buy them lunch and they would do it. It might help their careers.

"Pencil's down!"
"C..C..C..C..C..C..C..C.C...."

"I am an Eekian!"

CraigL

Screenwriter
As per DVDfile...

Summer School, starring Mark Harmon. Each is newly remastered in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital 5.1, and feature no extras. Retail will set you back $14.95 a pop.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I guess it's not surprising that there will not be any extra features. I like Paramount, but it's damn frustrating that they can't throw something extra on there. Just give me a commentary or even a 6 minute EPK featurette and I'll probably be sold. Let's hope this finds it's way into Wal*Mart's $5.88 bin.

Anthony Clifton

Stunt Coordinator

That's pretty cool in my book. Should be able to find it for $11 or $12 and, although it may not be cool to admit it, it will get more viewings than Citizen Kane or The Third Man ... at least in our house. :)

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Just got done watching this. Looked pretty good for an 80's flick. Opening credits (which wasn't just stock footage) seemed pretty dark and grainy, but after that it cleared up nicely. Forgot how much I liked this flick!

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
The optical printing of the titles can darken images and add grain in older movies.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Dont often order region 1 dvds anymore because of import and tax expenses.But with this movie, i couldnt resist !I ordered it.This was a favorite of mine, probably wont recieve it for at least another 10 days.I need a review discussing the transfer and audio to wet my appetite !Any reviews on the net yet, or 1 coming to home theatre forum ?:D

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter

In addition to Colin's review, I will be posting one here at HTF as soon as possible. Look for it over the weekend. It is a rare occasion that I don't get reviews up before street date, but Paramount has been sending screeners out rather late, recently - plus I was more interested in getting an early review up for The President's Analyst, a film that I was looking forward to seeing again.

I'm not as crazy over this film as some of you seem to be, but found it reasonably entertaining on its theatrical release. I haven't seen it since then.

-Scott

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I just got this today, and the keepcase has these weird little locking tabs on the side opposite the spine. You have to flip both of them open before you can open the case. I haven't purchased a movie in a while, so are these cases becoming more and more common? I understand they are there for security purposes, and don't have a problem with them, but I'm just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks