What's new

Summer Hobbies....... (1 Viewer)

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I'm looking for a summer hobby that will be as painless as possible. I've been an avid dirtbiker/enduro rider for over 20 years and am leaning toward personal water craft.

What are some of yall's summer hobbies?

DougRuss

Stunt Coordinator
I go out Kayaking on "Flatwater" and Slow Moving Rivers in my area......
Peaceful & Quiet ............;)
dscn0769.jpg

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
During the summer I enjoy golfing and jet skiing (real men stand-up!)

Golf is pretty painless, except on your bank account!

If you want to get into PWC, I would strongly recommend a stand-up machine. IMO they offer far more entertainment than the sit down machines. Anyone can plop their butt on a seat and cruise around, but on a stand up you are guaranteed to get wet! If you've been riding for 20 years you should be able to operate a stand up with very little problems.

BTW, Kawasaki and Yamaha offer stand ups. Not sure of the other manufacturers.

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
It all depends on how you dress But "PAINT BALL" is really fun and It only "HURTS" a little. I have a bunch of friends who go out in the middle of nowhere and just go Crazy for about 5-6 hours. All in good fun.
Glory is forever
Pain is only Temporary
Chicks dig Scars
Another thing that is really fun and is not painful is FLYING STUNT KITES. yes kits these are not your every day run of the mill pick up at WAL-Mart kind of kites, no these are the real deal. They look like Mini Hang Gliders and have two control lines to do spins, dives and a whole lot of really cool stuff. Friends of mine look at me as if I am crazy when I tell them I am going out to "FLY". bUt what a rush it is to fly in 25 MPH Gusts and get PULLED down the beach
T:D

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I was gonna take up biking again this summer now that my son is big enough so that I can prop him up in my Burley.

My other hobbies would include... um... lessee...

Sheesh.. I think I need a hobby too.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just started working on a 1/350th scale model of 'TITANIC' that I bought last year, and being the perfectionist that I am, i'll probably be working on it through Christmas! :)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Well, I dunno about the rest of you, but my summer hobby will be drinking ice-cold beer on my newly completed front paito. Getting a tan by day and warmed by the fire at night:)
Patio.jpg

Peace Out~:D

eric nyhof

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Mark, I'll second the stunt kites, I flew mine the other day. If you live near a beech, there's nothing better than standing in the sand bare feet and flying one. And Ron, i'll probably drink my share fair of beer too, although that seems to be a year round hobby, not just a summer one, :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks