What's new

Summer DVD Releases- Wow I better save up. (1 Viewer)

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
This summer is going to be DVD buying frenzy for me. Here's just a few of the releases I am salivating over:

A Beautiful Mind - DVD Awards Edition, June 25

Amelie, July 16

Black Hawk Down, June 11

Dune - (SciFi channel)SE Director's Cut, June 18

Gosford Park - CE, June 25

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, May 28

Jimmy Neutron, July 2

Kate & Leopold, (for the wife) June 11

Legend, May 21

LOTR Fellowship of the Ring, August 6

Monster's Ball, June 11

Looking forward to viewing these with my newly acquired FPJ. Woo hoo!!

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Keep in mind that the 6/11 release date for "Black Hawk Down" is for the stripped down, "movie and trailer only" release. It'll still be a bit longer before the SE version is released. I'm not really an "extras" kinda guy, but if they're offering two versions for roughly the same price, I'll probably wait.

Straight from The Digital Bits website:

(LATE UPDATE - 4/3/02 - 11 AM PST): We've gotten details on Columbia TriStar's Black Hawk Down DVD (street date 6/11). The initial release will be basically a movie-only edition, including anamorphic widescreen video, Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, an On the Set featurette, theatrical trailers and filmographies (SRP $27.96). Fans of the film may want to hold off however, as a more elaborate special edition version of the film on DVD is already in the works for late in the year or early next year. You'll get audio commentaries and lots more if you're patient. Just FYI.

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
Good point Ron. I will probably buy the movie only version just because I can't contain myself. :)

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
Sorry Patrick, this is the Sci Fi channel version, which I personally liked better than the David Lynch version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DK Baker
Recent bookmarks