Summer 2003 Movie Olympics

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Aaryn Chan, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Aaryn Chan

Aaryn Chan Supporting Actor

Hello,

Let's start Summer 2003's Movie Olympics. Easy game. It's just all voting. [​IMG]

[Best Movie of May] & [Highest Grossing Movie of May] & Biggest Crap of May
    1. X2 : X-MEN UNITED
    2. Daddy Day Care
    3. Down With Love
    4. Matrix Reloaded
    5. Bruce Almighty
    6. The Italian Job
    7. Finding Nemo

[Best Movie of June] & [Highest Grossing Movie of June] & Biggest Crap of June
    1. 2 Fast 2 Furious
    2. Dumb And Dumberer
    3. Hollywood Homocide
    4. The Hulk
    5. Charlie's Angels : Full Throttle

[Best Movie of July] & [Highest Grossing Movie of July] & Biggest Crap of July
    1. Legally Blonde 2 : Red White and Blonde
    2. Terminator 3 : Rise of the Machine
    3. Pirates of the Carabbean : The Curse of the Black Pearl
    4. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
    5. Bad Boys II
    6. Exorcist : The Beginning
    7. Johnny English
    8. Spy Kid 3D : Game-Over
    9 Tomb Raider 2 : The Cradle of Life

[Best Movie of August] & [Highest Grossing Movie of August] & Biggest Crap of August
    1. American Wedding
    2. Shaolin Soccer
    3. S.W.A.T.
    4. Freddy vs Jason
    5. Jeepers Creeper 2

[Best Movie of Summer 2003] & [Highest Grossing Movie of Summer 2003] & Biggest Crap of Summer 2003

2. Aaryn Chan

My entry :

[Best Movie of May] & [Highest Grossing Movie of May] & [Biggest Crap of May]
    he Matrix Reloaded & The Matrix Reloaded & Bruce Almighty

[Best Movie of June] & [Highest Grossing Movie of June] & [Biggest Crap of June]
    The Hulk & The Hulk & Dumb And Dumberer

[Best Movie of July] & [Highest Grossing Movie of July] & [Biggest Crap of July]
    Pirates of the Carabbean : The Curse of the Black Pearl & Terminator 3 : Rise of the Machine & Spy Kids 3D : Game-Over

[Best Movie of August] & [Highest Grossing Movie of August] & [Biggest Crap of August]
    S.W.A.T. & S.W.A.T. & Jeepers Creeper 2

[Best Movie of Summer 2003] & [Highest Grossing Movie of Summer 2003] & [Biggest Crap of Summer 2003]
    The Matrix Reloaded & The Matrix Reloaded & Dumb And Dumberer

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

X2: X-Men United & X2: X-Men United & Daddy Day Care

Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle & Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle & Hollywood Homicide (Hardest voting, June has the biggest potential to be the worst month of the summer)

Spy Kids 3D: Game Over & Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl & Johnny English

[Best Movie of August] & [Highest Grossing Movie of August] & Biggest Crap of August
    American Wedding & American Wedding & Jeepers Creepers 2

[Best Movie of Summer 2003] & [Highest Grossing Movie of Summer 2003] & Biggest Crap of Summer 2003
    X2: X-Men United & X2: X-Men United & Jeepers Creepers 2

4. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

X2: X-Men United & Matrix & Bruce Almighty

Hulk & Hulk & CA:FT

T3 & T3 & TR2

Shaolin Soccer & AW & JC2

Hulk & Matrix & JC2

5. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

Matrix Reloaded & Matrix Reloaded & Down With Love

The Hulk & Charlie's Angels : Full Throttle & Dumb And Dumberer

Bad Boys II & Terminator 3 & Exorcist: The Beginning

American Wedding & S.W.A.T. & Jeepers Creeper 2

Matrix Reloaded & Matrix Reloaded & Jeepers Creeper 2

6. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

Never mind.

Shouldn't this be in Polls?

7. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Personally, I've been wishing that GAMES would stay in the Movies section (that is games about Movies). Not the poll or tourney games so much, but a "game" like this is interactive and involves discussion.

I'd also like to see the 1-Word game come back to the Movies section.

Let me understand the rules here, we make our picks and then the people who get things right are the winners, right?

8. Aaryn Chan

I think for May, the battle between X2 and Matrix will be interesting. X2 being less popular, but sports a PG13 rating, while Matrix is much more hyped but has an R-rating. I'm pretty certain Matrix will be a better received movie then X2, but for the B.O. numbers, they'll come pretty close. Interesting.

As for the crappiest, it's Eddie again. Last year he had Planet Nash, i hope this movie does better. Even tho, it'll probably be the biggest flop. Bruce Almighty my second choice.

9. Aaryn Chan

Well, i prefer a discusion of the movie you chose.. not just puting movie's names [​IMG] But since none of the movie started playing yet, we cant really comment on them. So for now it's a kind of prediction.. At the end of each month, we'll see the winners.. [​IMG]

I'll try to compile the stuffs..