Sum of All Fears Trailer online..

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn C, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

...I just caught the new Sum of All Fears trailer over at http://www.apple.com/trailers
    I dunno...Ben Affleck as Jack Ryan? He just looks too young to be Jack Ryan. The trailer looks semi-interesting. It reminds of "The Peacemaker" with George Clooney.

2. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I saw it at the cineplex recently before "We Were Soldiers." I thought it looked pretty good. "Patriot Games" and "Clear and Present Danger" are among my favorite movies, so I hope they haven't ruined the series.
    Funny thing though, this preview was followed immediately by another preview for "K-19 Widowmaker" starring Harrison Ford. Which was then followed by a third preview for the new film with, again, Ben Affleck and Samuel L. Jackson (forgot the title). We seemed to have an odd little theme going there. [​IMG]

3. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

So far the only Clancy movie I've liked a lot was The Hunt for Red October. Patriot Games was okay, but I didnt care for Clear and Present Danger at all. Maybe I need to give it another chance, but the fact they killed off a main character who is one of the staples of all the Jack Ryan novels, who doesnt die in the book, ticked me off.
    I was really skeptical about this new movie, but after watching the trailer, I think it does look like it could be really good. There are a TON of departures from the book, but I think that might be okay this time around. From the looks of it, the Jack Ryan in this movie has just started working for the CIA? I didn't really know how a younger Jack Ryan would work but at least from the trailer, it looks like Affleck might be okay. Guess I'll find out sometime in June, when I figure the movie will open here [​IMG]
    Brian

4. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

5. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Yeah, it looks pretty good. It just seems sorta weird not having Harrison Ford as Jack Ryan.

Is Ben Affleck a strong enough actor to pull the character off?