Sum Of All Fears - no insert?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew Bunk, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

I just picked up Sum Of All Fears, and there is no chapter listing insert. Seems strange for a "Special Collector's Edition". I know a lot of lower end MGM titles don't have inserts, but this seems strange.

Can anyone confirm that they did get an insert?

Thanks...

2. Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin Supporting Actor

3. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

Thanks for the info...

Is it just a one piece with the cover on one side and the chapters on the other, or is it a booklet? If it's just one piece I can probably live without it.

4. Thane

Thane Stunt Coordinator

Mine was just as you described...one piece with the cover on one side, chapter listings on the other.

5. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

Thanks for that-not worth the trouble of an exchange-I'm not much of a chapter hopper.

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

BTW, I got an insert, too.

7. Drea Bruss

Drea Bruss Extra

Hey guys, can you tell me what the UPC code is on your copy of Sum of All Fears. The reason I ask is that while entering it into DVD Profiler,I noticed the UPC is 9736-33722-4 and the UPC on the copy I have is 9736-33722-2. Checked a couple of places on the net and they all list it as 9736-33722-4. Is it common for them to use more than one UPC code?? One other weird thing is that the UPC code has a pink tinge to it rather that black on white.

Thanks.

8. Tom De Rosa

Tom De Rosa Stunt Coordinator

9736-33722-4 with an insert.
    DO you have a sticker UPC over the rear cover UPC?
    Where did you buy it?
    Anyway, if the disc is good(no bootleg) you can change the UPC in DVD Profiler if you want do, or wait for someone to add that UPC to the database, since I don't think there is a world-wide conspiracy to give you a unique UPC.[​IMG]

9. David Lambert

10. Drea Bruss

Drea Bruss Extra

11. David Lambert

The different UPC code probably mark the difference between "Knogo" copies, "Sensormatic" copies, and "No Security Tag" copies.

Most places use the "Sensormatic" security tag system, so that's what we're used to seeing in our DVD cases.

12. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

13. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

A bit off-topic here but.....

Speaking of odd UPC codes....Anybody else have Die Hard 2 with code #24543-02148?

Upon entering said # into DVDProfiler, it shows it as Die Hard 3, not DH-2. Curious huh?

They show 24543-02149 as DH-2 (which is the # I was forced to use, since it's the closest to mine).

I also noted that all the Die Hard UPC codes seem to be blocked out, upon viewing the covers on Profiler. They've pasted another number in white over the top of the UPC. But not the usual 10-digit number associated with UPC's. Very strange I thought. Anybody know why the musical-chairs with these UPC's?