captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Title: Suicide Squad (2016)

Tagline: Worst Heroes Ever

Genre: Action, Adventure, Crime, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Director: David Ayer

Cast: Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Viola Davis, Jared Leto, Jai Courtney, Jay Hernandez, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Cara Delevingne, Karen Fukuhara, Adam Beach, Ike Barinholtz, Scott Eastwood, Common, David Harbour, Jim Parrack, Alex Meraz, Corina Calderon, Robin Atkin Downes, Shailyn Pierre-Dixon, Matt Baram, Alain Chanoine, Ted Whittall, Michael Murray, Jaime FitzSimons, Ben Affleck, Ezra Miller, Christopher Dyson, Bambadjan Bamba, Robert B. Kennedy, Billy Otis, James McGowan, Derek Perks, Aidan Devine, Andrew Bee, Clive McLean, Frank J. Zupancic, Kent Sheridan, Roger Shank, Dwight Ireland, Amanda Brugel, Peter Tufford Kennedy, Rosemary De Los Santos, Kevin Hanchard, Joel Lacoursiere, Jameson Kraemer, Ho Chow, Birgitte Solem, Kevin Vance, Tyler Grey, Nathan Brown, Kenneth Choi, Nicolas Van Burek, Agueda Cardenas, Daniela Uruena, Nicolas Uruena, Ariane Bellamar, Murray Urquhart, Alyssa Veniece, Tim Ajro, Devlin Anderson, Briana Andrade-Gomes, Raffi Atamian, John Byers, Heather Byrne, Corey Chainey, Shak Chaudhry, James Chilli Chillingworth, Andrew Christie, Alex Chung, Gavin R. Downes, Reid Eastwood, Scott Edgecombe, Brendan Egan, Jeff Ellenberger, Tatyana Figueiredo, Gary 'Si-Jo' Foo, Tazito Garcia, Brianna Goldie, Ryan Groves, William Hainsworth, Shawn J. Hamilton, Shane Harbinson, Fatimah Hassan, Dexter Howe, Melanie Hubert, David Ingram, Shane Clinton Jarvis, Sergio Kato, Kevin Kent, Martin Kessler, Melissa Lem, John MacDonald, Stephanie Manchulenko, Matthew Mease, Christopher Meneses, Valiant Michael, Sabine Mondestin, Justin Moses, Drew Moss, Afsheen Olyaie, Dan Petronijevic, Alisha Phillips, Tamina Pollack-Paris, Michael Prather, Dennisha Pratt, Asad Que, Mark Quigley, Darryl Quon, Hugh Scott, Jasmine Sean, Attila Sebesy, Rick Silver, Connor Skific, Amos Stern, Goran Stjepanovic, Vivienne Taylor, Jasmine Renée Thomas, Alen Toric, Dallas Wade, Joe Warshaw, Tony Watt, James Weicht, Taylor Whittaker, Robert L. Wilson

Release: 2016-08-02

Runtime: 124

Plot: From DC Comics comes the Suicide Squad, an antihero team of incarcerated supervillains who act as deniable assets for the United States government, undertaking high-risk black ops missions in exchange for commuted prison sentences.

Deserves its own thread here now that WB has officially released the SDDC 2015 footage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I think this looks pretty interesting. The Dirty Dozen of comic book super villains!

It's nice that WB released this, it seems the crappy quality leak forced their hand.

“Warner Bros. Pictures and our anti-piracy team have worked tirelessly over the last 48 hours to contain the Suicide Squad footage that was pirated from Hall H on Saturday. We have been unable to achieve that goal. Today we will release the same footage that has been illegally circulating on the web, in the form it was created and high quality with which it was intended to be enjoyed. We regret this decision as it was our intention to keep the footage as a unique experience for the Comic Con crowd, but we cannot continue to allow the film to be represented by the poor quality of the pirated footage stolen from our presentation.” - Sue Kroll of WB

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I will give this movie a chance, mostly because I like the cast, but it looks like more cheap sadism to me.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I've never heard of the Suicide Squad so I'm not sure I understand the concept. Getting bad guys to be heroes?

Was that last character suppose to be the Joker? Do we really need to reboot the joker again, especially after the last one was one of the greatest screen performances ever? Just fills to soon IMO but, then again, Lex has been in every Superman movie except 2. Does DC just not have enough villains?

I love all 3 Nolan Batman films and I just hate that we are suppose to pretend they never happened. It just sucks how quickly they reboot things these days.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Chris Will said:
I love all 3 Nolan Batman films and I just hate that we are suppose to pretend they never happened.
It might be silly to say this but I like that Nolan's more realistic (for lack of a better world) movies exist in their own world that doesn't have superheroes. The Nolan Batman can't give Superman a call if things get too tough, it's all on him.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
image.jpg

image.jpg

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
And yeah, I'm glad to have the Nolan films but I'm glad they're done and in their own isolated continuity. Not everyone will understand that this Batman, Joker et al are not using the back story of The Dark Knight films, just like some people thought Batman Begins was the prequel to Burton's Batman. But having a Batman and Joker with a history in the past has not been an angle tackled by a live action film yet, so it makes for interesting possibilities.

My guess? The eventual solo Batman film will be a Red Hood storyline, set up by BvS (the Joker having apparently killed Jason Todd) and SS (the Joker getting busted out of prison by Harley/the SS, which is not part of Waller's plans).

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I didn't know anything about the Suicide Squad until I saw they were making a movie. I had to brush up on what it was all about. And I have to say, after watching this trailer a few times, I think it looks fantastic. I'm hooked. And I love the song choice.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm not the target audience for this, so I'm not going to comment on the film, but I am absolutely sick and tired of the trailer and commercial conceit of taking a popular song and slowing it to a dead crawl (sorry, spshultz, but I headed for the thread solely to comment on this). It was in the Avengers trailer with the Pinocchio song. It's in a damn perfume ad with You're the One That I Want. I can slow Smoke on the Water down to half-speed. Doesn't make it art. I'm so over it, but Hollywood/Madison Avenue is just gearing up.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm not going to belabor the point, but I was having a little fun annoying people just now by singing The Boys Are Back In Town by stretching out each word to about two seconds apiece. Give it a try! :)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Warner Bros sure is going in the exact opposite direction of Disney/Marvel when it comes to the DC Universe. Almost all of the stories in the recent DC superhero films would have been more appropriate as Vertigo titles rather than the main DC Comics banner. This one looks like no exception. Dark and humourless seems to be the order of the day at WB/DC. Harley Quinn looks kick-ass though. She looks to be about the most entertaining character in that trailer.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Well, personally, while I like the Marvel films, I'm glad DC is forging their own stylistic path. There's more to comics than (what I've dubbed) the "Weeee! Funsies!" approach, and films based on comic books should have variety.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Not really criticizing. Just noting how diametrically opposite the approach is to the superhero genre. It's doubly odd, considering that DC comics used to have the most ridiculous and humorous storylines in a lot of their superhero books, while Marvel seemed to take the whole genre a bit more seriously. I mean is there any equivalent to Mister Mxyzptlk in the Marvel universe?

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks